Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why does some don't want to sell their names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I contacted someone about a domain and they replied
"Thank you for your interest, but I am not interested in selling that domain at this time."
It's parked and does'nt make much money.

Some don't even reply. I actually tried making a really good offer on one name (swedish word) that has no real value to non swedes and they didn't even bother replying...

Whats your thought about this?

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I myself have been contacted to buy the random name here and there over time, and mostly I am not interested in selling to a domainer lowballer.

It is more like spam when someone offers me 50bucks for a name I know is more valuable, and I will not patronise anyone with a responce if that is the case.

(It wasnt me btw ;) )

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously their perceived value of the domain name is different to your own, otherwise they would have sold. Either that, or they plan to eventually develop it.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have several domains parked and not making much money but I wouldn't want to sell because I have development plans for them. I'd only sell them if the price was extremely high.

Or - if you mde an offer they considered it way below their expectations and thought it wad even ut of negotiating range.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possible reasons:
  • owner may have remote development plans
  • owner may have unrealistic price expectations
  • owner may think your offer does not reflect the ultimate potential of the domain if it were to be developed
  • your offer could be decent but not enough to make any difference to owner's bottom line
  • owner could be a domain collector, or infatuated with their domains ;)
  • owner is behaving like a femme fatale and enjoys turning you down :)

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.. or the owner is afraid of a C&D/UDRP/WIPO and replies that the domain is not for sale to all inquiries (if a buyer is enthusiastic enough they don't take "no" for an answer :)).

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simply don`t need the money

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go and read Rick Schwartz's blog. If you really want the domain, you won't take no for an answer.

If you're looking for the one person who will pay a higher price than anyone else, you have to say no a few times.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously their perceived value of the domain name is different to your own, otherwise they would have sold. Either that, or they plan to eventually develop it.

Yes but i didn't even offer a price i just asked if it was for sale. I even tried to offer 10k for a different domain before and that was a lot more than end user price and no reply...
Yes he wanted to develop it before but that was over 1 year ago...
Yesterday i got a reply from one domain owner after 1 year...

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ask me if any of my names are for sale....i promise i'll respond

:)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too bad not all domain owners are like that.

a response to someone who took the time to ask if i'm selling, is the courteous thing to do

but if you're soliciting, trying to sell me something.... don't hold yo breath :)

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a response to someone who took the time to ask if i'm selling, is the courteous thing to do

but if you're soliciting, trying to sell me something.... don't hold yo breath

The first part I am trying to retrain myself for. I have ignored many just because I would be offended by the offer. I need to get over that.

The second part is real easy, and I have my spam box trained, and a hair-trigger delete finger.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first part I am trying to retrain myself for. I have ignored many just because I would be offended by the offer. I need to get over that.

The second part is real easy, and I have my spam box trained, and a hair-trigger delete finger.

Well if it's way to low...
if i get an offer that is to low i usually reply "we are to far apart, find a different name"
Like Adam here, then they have to make a higher offer or find a different name.
Then maybe "the min i would consider is $"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom