Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

why does ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namejet seem so expensive compared to other's everytime i bid on a domain i always get outbid even for a crappy domain........is it where most of the big boys go ?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the domain bid goes over the value the domain is actually worth simply due to the domainers bidding against each other passionately.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namejet seem so expensive compared to other's everytime i bid on a domain i always get outbid even for a crappy domain........is it where most of the big boys go ?

what you should be asking yourself is...why are you bidding for crappy domains in the first place

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, NJ attracts some of the big boys simply because the dropping domains are among the oldest (Netsol). Some domains appear to be worthy less, however there are many valuation methods and opinions on a domain's worth.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The big boys never bid on crappy domains.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen some top domainers with crappy names in their portfolio. Everyone has them.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well...I used to be sour on Namejet...but I have gotten some amazing bargains under $500 there in the last few months.

Today I picked up a name at $65 that I offered the prior owner (who ended up just dropping it) 3k...I am pretty happy with namejet right about now and even more happy that others do not see what I do.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Careful with NJ. There is also an alternate crowd: competitors of former sites who want the domain(s) badly. And if they win, that's nice and dandy; but if they lose, they can go out to get you. I'm fighting one such case right now; the C&D is laughable in its claims but the fact remains that its sender bid on the domain (and lost), then tried to buy the domain from me (I didn't offer it for sale). In other words, NJ can be a paradise full of forbidden fruit. Be careful what you pick! :D

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Careful with NJ. There is also an alternate crowd: competitors of former sites who want the domain(s) badly. And if they win, that's nice and dandy; but if they lose, they can go out to get you. I'm fighting one such case right now; the C&D is laughable in its claims but the fact remains that its sender bid on the domain (and lost), then tried to buy the domain from me (I didn't offer it for sale). In other words, NJ can be a paradise full of forbidden fruit. Be careful what you pick! :D

Yes. Fortunately I have not had any sore losers try to get me. It sounds like you know how to deal with such losers, but wow, what a pain in the ass.

I do try to be careful...the name I just got (was actually $69 - not $65) but I have been wanting it for the last 8 years...tried many time to buy it from the organization who owned it...they never even responded to me - even at 3k. Then I could not believe my eyes about a month ago when I saw the name on namejet (as it was an original Netsol reg)...I waited until about a half hour before the deadline to order and then got it with no competition. I was freaking out that I may forget to bid. I think there would have been a lot more bidders had I put in an early bid and outed the name.

Now that you mention it...when I develop this name (and I fully plan to do so as it is a generic) I would not be surprised if this organization contacted me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom