Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never in my life of domaining have I ever found such an annoying S*** control panel as that at GoDaddy. Yes for sure it is geared towards people that are not into domaining. I went to simply renew 3 domains with them today and rather than be simple and straightforward like any other normal registrar they sent you around in circles as they try and sell you everything else that you DONT F'ing want. What a waste of time and glad I only have a few names with them.

DG

Domain Days 2024

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely correct! If you're "new" to domaining or simply getting a name for your company, you'll walk out of there with a bunch of extra crap you don't need! Kinda like buying a new car! You'll get that upholstery protection, scotchguard, ziebart, whitewalls, pinstripes, floor mats, hubcaps, tint, etc.

Let's face it, it's good for business, but for guys like us, it's annoying cos there's no "easy" way round it.

Buyer beware...

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I've found an easy way around it. Just scroll down to the bottom on each succeeding page and click Continue.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I've found an easy way around it. Just scroll down to the bottom on each succeeding page and click Continue.

Hmm, yeh except you still have to take a double look just to make sure they have'nt added some crap item into your basket that you didnt think you had ordered .Nope not for me. Now Fabulous.com my main Registrar, I cannot fault them and they have so many good features that help domainers.

DG

beansbaxter

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with it. I love GoDaddy, their control panel is not that annoying, just scroll down and say no thank you, check your order, and proceed.

Once you learn how to do something within the control panel for a domain name, the 5th grade approach is not that bad.

GoDaddy has the best customer service too!

I wish they would make a more responsive UI for their Control Panel. Some of it is not intuitive if you get into the Folder features, etc.

It's a lot better than what it use to be like when GoDaddy first came on the scene - I remember those days.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their control panel is really slow indeed.

One thing I really like about GoDaddy though, is you can search through invoices. This is an awesome feature if you own many domains, and it really helps with financial record keeping.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their control panel is really slow indeed.

One thing I really like about GoDaddy though, is you can search through invoices. This is an awesome feature if you own many domains, and it really helps with financial record keeping.

You can do this and much more at Fabulous.com as well.

DG

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can do this and much more at Fabulous.com as well.

DG

I may have to give them a try. I've had enough of Moniker, and am ready to move again.

NetworkMsia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish it was faster too.

What I like about godaddy is the quick payment with the "paypal on file" selection feature while checking out.

HWW

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Slowness is a real problem for me, it hangs all the time - being stuck in a rural area on a very slow connection adds to the issue and makes it agonizing. A simple push took me nearly 40 minutes the other night due to the length of time it took the pages to load. Changing name servers usually has to be done individually for me as bulk changes rarely work. Strangely other than all the cr*p you have to skip through I have very little problems when Im spending money with them and I too like the quick paypal feature. I wish they had a simplified version for domainers though without having to skip though the add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom