Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Why is it the only time I win on Pool is when I don't want to...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I accidentally backordered gofunnyfarm.com last week when I meant to backorder funnyfarm.com. Of course, you cannot remove a backorder once it's placed. I started to get nervous when Pool caught the domain, but I figured for sure someone would put a bid in on this one, and I would be safe. When I made the challenger auction, I was starting to sweat. I don't have $60 to throw around on domains that I will not use. Of course I still didn't bid. Well today, I found out that apparently I was the only "challenger" in the auction, because my bidless entry was the winner.

So after hearing this sob-story, is there anyone here willing to take this domain off my hands? The domain's not worth $60 to me, but surely it's worth at least $40 to someone here. You may have resisted buying it from Pool because of their new auction system. Or perhaps you were bidding on this domain at eNom, SnapNames or elsewhere and forgot to do so at Pool. Or maybe you just have $60 in your pocket and want to help a poor soul out. Whatever the case...

...First person to post SOLD gets this lovely domain gofunnyfarm.com for just $40.

Payment by PayPal, StormPay, or Credit Card.
I do not know what registrar Pool has picked out for me yet, but chances are good that this domain will be able to be transferred by simply passing along login credentials. If desired, you will need to wait 60 days before you transfer the domain to your preferred registrar.

chimaster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funnyfarm.com went for $3,700. I bid $3,100, but didn't feel like going higher. How much would you have bid?

I don't want gofunnyfarm.com

FLe8 said:
I accidentally backordered gofunnyfarm.com last week when I meant to backorder funnyfarm.com. Of course, you cannot remove a backorder once it's placed. I started to get nervous when Pool caught the domain, but I figured for sure someone would put a bid in on this one, and I would be safe. When I made the challenger auction, I was starting to sweat. I don't have $60 to throw around on domains that I will not use. Of course I still didn't bid. Well today, I found out that apparently I was the only "challenger" in the auction, because my bidless entry was the winner.

So after hearing this sob-story, is there anyone here willing to take this domain off my hands? The domain's not worth $60 to me, but surely it's worth that much to someone here. You may have resisted buying it from Pool because of their new auction system. Or you may have caught funnyfarm.com last week (lucky stiff), and want this domain to round out your portfolio. Or perhaps you were bidding on this domain at eNom, SnapNames or elsewhere and forgot to do so at Pool. Or maybe you just have $60 in your pocket and want to help a poor soul out. Whatever the case...

...First person to post SOLD gets this lovely domain gofunnyfarm.com for just $60.

Payment by PayPal, StormPay, or Credit Card.
I do not know what registrar Pool has picked out for me yet, but chances are good that this domain will be able to be transferred by simply passing along login credentials. If desired, you will need to wait 60 days before you transfer the domain to your preferred registrar.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chimaster said:
Funnyfarm.com went for $3,700. I bid $3,100, but didn't feel like going higher. How much would you have bid?

I don't want gofunnyfarm.com

Too rich for my blood. I would have probably bid $1000.

Update: This domain is registered with SignDomains. I will be able to give the buyer my UN/PW for immediate access to this account.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's an awful lot of posting and typing just trying to recover $60.00.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haha. So are you buying? Did I elicit a sympathy purchase from you?

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nah, I've made plenty of mistakes over the years and nobody has ever offered to bail me out.

Then again, I never asked...if this works for you please let me know. :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
Nah, I've made plenty of mistakes over the years and nobody has ever offered to bail me out. Then again, I never asked...if this works for you please let me know. :)

Yes, it's very embarassing to admit such errors. But I will admit during the US Landrush I reg'd LoasAngelesRealEstate.us instead of LosAngelesRealEstate.us, a costly error. What an idiot I was! I am sure many of us have done that due to typo's.

P.S. Can someone please bail me out too?

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update: Got an email back from the winner of FunnyFarm.com. They didn't even want it for $60.

I will now slowly lower the price until this domain sells. New price: $40

Post SOLD to claim.

BONUS -- Free with purchase:: The good feeling associated with helping out a fellow DNF'er.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question: Why is it the only time I win on Pool is when I don't want to...?
Answer: You win because nobody else wants to win the name either :)

StrictlyNames

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my biggest error as far as a typo goes is registering bookkeepping.info (two p's).

I gave it away cuz I didn't want to look at it in my list of names all the time.

Boy i sure thought I had a keepper when I regged than one. I mean keeper.

Dave

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain still up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom