Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why is "linkdomain" included with some suggestion tool returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There have been a number of names 4 sale here lately where the owner refer to good Suggestion Tool Numbers with the extension, implying type-in traffic and a higher price wanted.

However, a strange oddity with these is when checking ST there is a 2nd entry under the first one saying the domain and ext and word word "linkdomain" as in this (altered real name) example:

Searches done in October 2003
Count Search Term
104 newhot.com
55 newhot.com linkdomain ?????

Does anyone here have any idea what this could be? I have not seen this in the past and it seems to be a relatively new phenomonem at Overture Suggestion Tool.

Oddly this only seems to happen on some domains, far from the majority, and also it appears on lower return ST numbers, not high number ST names?

It's important to know as myself and others base buying decisions on the ST numbers, and this could be a factor in how real the ST returns really are!

P.S. Some here may not know that a fair percentage of ST returns are false and not true (i.e. no real traffic at all), for various reasons. Been there and done that to find this out thru lots of bitter experience!

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe MSN Search pulls results from Overture for sponsored sites, so when people check the link popularity for newhot.com using a tool like the one available at Marketleap, a search for "linkdomain:newhot.com" is done. This is not a new phenomenon. This only happens on some domains because the Overture Suggestion Tool does not return results less than 25.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its been apearing for at least 60 days i know of and while could be the querrys it does seem to show only on names with actual linkpop numbers and there usually regged already due to the lag in results with tool update monthly

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom