Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why is the cctld+gtld forum flooded by incorrect tags?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

Welcome to DNForum.com

Perhaps you should spend time progressing your own interests,
instead of being critical of current structure or formatting of the platform.

As a Registered user, you allowed to post sales threads and conduct business in public, on the forum.
This is something new, that previously was not permitted, for members who have not Upgraded Membership to Gold or Higher.

Thanks for your cooperation and Good Luck!

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
Hi

Welcome to DNForum.com

Perhaps you should spend time progressing your own interests,
instead of being critical of current structure or formatting of the platform.

As a Registered user, you allowed to post sales threads and conduct business in public, on the forum.
This is something new, that previously was not permitted, for members who have not Upgraded Membership to Gold or Higher.

Thanks for your cooperation and Good Luck!

"progressing your (my) own interests"

IS EXACTLY why I'm posting. I stated clearly: I wanted to find gTLD domains.
In doing so, my 'interests' were spoiled by misappropriated tags.
This is a feedback forum, there are going to be 'criticisms'
I should leave instead.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the feedback forum, so I think this is definitely a relevant issue to speak to.

Unfortunately we can not police which tags a user selects when posting a thread. But we could do an audit of which tags are available. Will look into it!

Reaction score
This is the feedback forum, so I think this is definitely a relevant issue to speak to.

Unfortunately we can not police which tags a user selects when posting a thread. But we could do an audit of which tags are available. Will look into it!

Okay, then the forum doesn't provide what I am looking for. "you can't police when posting", yet there are domains that have been listed FOR MONTHS with the gtld tag while they are cctld.

The gtld+cctld forum is hodge-podge of domain types I am not looking to buy. You choose, for which reason to clump ccTLD and gTLD domains together - which make 0 sense TBH.

What 'SHOULD' be the solution = click 'gtld' and see ONLY gTLD. That's not the case. Again I find ccTLD domains mixed in, which I don't have interests in. Furthermore, there is only 1 page of results given!

I cant' look to buy the type of domains I can without viewing many other domains that are not at all in the same category. It's a huge turn off in consideration of MY interests.

I hope you understand why I won't be posting here more. The forum doesn't serve my interests.

Reaction score
I need the context of this thread to make my point.

I don't like biggie. What can I do about it? Is there an ignore method?

He wrote in response here,
"As a Registered user, you allowed to post sales threads and conduct business in public, on the forum.
This is something new, that previously was not permitted, for members who have not Upgraded Membership to Gold or Higher. "

THIS is NOT the time or place to push a membership. It is nothing but desperate, annoying, irrelevant spam. It is WAY OT in regards to my OP.

I was provoked to say that, finally, after reading this (in his response to my advice in another thread).

He wrote something like, "The domain should speak for itself".

Why then, such a hypocrite? Obviously the memebership doesn't speak for itself. You need to spam the benifits in some 'unsolicited' way!

I feel this is a high-pressure sales site! Most obviously, the membership DOES NOT speak for itself, as evidenced by him pointing out the benefits of membership at (what I see to be) inappropriate times.

Reaction score
I need the context of this thread to make my point.

I don't like biggie. What can I do about it? Is there an ignore method?

He wrote in response here,
"As a Registered user, you allowed to post sales threads and conduct business in public, on the forum.
This is something new, that previously was not permitted, for members who have not Upgraded Membership to Gold or Higher. "

THIS is NOT the time or place to push a membership. It is nothing but desperate, annoying, irrelevant spam. It is WAY OT in regards to my OP.

I was provoked to say that, finally, after reading this (in his response to my advice in another thread).

He wrote something like, "The domain should speak for itself".

Why then, such a hypocrite? Obviously the memebership doesn't speak for itself. You need to spam the benifits in some 'unsolicited' way!

I feel this is a high-pressure sales site! Most obviously, the membership DOES NOT speak for itself, as evidenced by him pointing out the benefits of membership at (what I see to be) inappropriate times.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, then the forum doesn't provide what I am looking for. "you can't police when posting", yet there are domains that have been listed FOR MONTHS with the gtld tag while they are cctld.
I cant' look to buy the type of domains I can without viewing many other domains that are not at all in the same category. It's a huge turn off in consideration of MY interests.

I hope you understand why I won't be posting here more. The forum doesn't serve my interests.

Although I think you are providing valid and valuable input, I do not much care for your mode of delivery :)

Sorry to see you go this soon. Take care now

Reaction score
Although I think you are providing valid and valuable input, I do not much care for your mode of delivery :)

Sorry to see you go this soon. Take care now
It is not the forum per se. It is biggie upsetting me. I am not out to target him. I have no vendetta against the guy.

He is representative of the forum though.

I have lots of advice, but it seems to me that it's unwelcome. I am inclined to withhold 'offering suggestions' for that reason.

The evidence is above. He has been dodgy and provoking.

I said "Flooded with irrelevance a reason", which probably provoked ya's. I don't know if the 'reason' is complacent moderation or something else. That's blunt.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we will manage without your advice and suggestions. But thank you for thinking of us :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators