Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why Moniker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the penality of expose my total newbieness in the domain business, why there's a preference of use Moniker for valuable names ?
I've seen that usually important companies uses Moniker, even over Netsol to register/transfer their domains. I've heard that Netsol s*cks, GoDaddy s*cks, but never heard that about Moniker, so they have must be doing something special for their customers.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At some point I've heard that someone sucks. I think people choose Moniker because of their support and the price of $6.85 you can not beat. (Only on occasion you can i.e. GD's $5.19 special)

nbebout

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Moniker because they are the most secure registrar, have great support, and I only have to pay $6.95/year.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their listing price is near $20.00

How do I get the 6.95 price ?

Do I need to prepay too much or something ?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nbebout said:
I use Moniker because they are the most secure registrar, have great support, and I only have to pay $6.95/year.

I believe he offers $6.85. You may want to check on that. Soon I am going to make the move over to Moniker. I have never had any problems at GD so that is why I am a little hesitant to move right away.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on your revenue model. A lot of the larger holders of early .coms prefer moniker because of the security protection. They intend to hold onto those domains and are primarily into long term ppc or end user type development. Those domainers using a wholesale domain resale model tend to prefer some of the easier transfer/push registrars or lower prices. GoDaddy offers some regs at around $5 (makes a diff. at high volume) and Fabulous will do .coms at $6.75 without a credit card charge. Enom's lowest charge is going to be around $7.20 including cc charges, unless your sending them a check in advance.
Doc

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Security, great support from people who actually answer the phones. I've never had a problem with them in over 6 years (SolutionHome?)

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
At some point I've heard that someone sucks. I think people choose Moniker because of their support and the price of $6.85 you can not beat.

How much do you have to prepaid for such discounts !?
I've just signed up and planned to transfer some domains, but I see that not even paying $1,000 in advance I would be able to get $6.85 !

Please, give more information.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 18,000 domains with Moniker.

Why?

Moniker has great security, great customer service, and great pricing. The CEO, Monte, is a regular in these forums and helps all comers.

Moniker bends over backwards for customers. No other registrar comes close.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fischermx said:
How much do you have to prepaid for such discounts !?
I've just signed up and planned to transfer some domains, but I see that not even paying $1,000 in advance I would be able to get $6.85 !

Please, give more information.

Oh c'mon you will not accomplish anything by asking others. Email the guy directly and ask him yourself!! Somebody above has already left you a contact a week ago!!, so what's the hold man??

You will never get anywhere in life by circumventing the source!!
:mad:

Reaction score
Fishermx - just email me your moniker account number and we will take care of you.

Thank you to all those that said good things about how we are servicing our customers.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I left this thread much time ago and didn't remember similar response were already sent. :)
BTW, after reading about 18,000 I feel like a cockroach. :)

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fischermx said:
... after reading about 18,000 I feel like a cockroach. :)
That's one of the largest portfolios I've heard of. 18,000 x $3.00 per reg (estimate) = $54,000 in registration fees each year. Possibly higher?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is this $3 price?

carlton said:
That's one of the largest portfolios I've heard of. 18,000 x $3.00 per reg (estimate) = $54,000 in registration fees each year. Possibly higher?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This can't happen.
Registrars have to pay $6 for each .com/.net.
So enduser price can only be >$6.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
What is this $3 price?
Just a figurative price, not a real one. One would think there might be a deep reg discount for 18,000 names.

P.S. I didn't think about all the names being .com's. That would be pricey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom