Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why Park is Now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizBot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why Park is now free to join and sign up. (Previously Why Park cost $100 for 100 domain names).

New Premium Ad. Optional monthly upgrades.

Select the Standard Plan with no monthly fee and no setup fees.

Whypark.com

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder why their “VP of Business Development” mister Stephen Douglas doesn’t have his own domains setup with Whypark??

Why are his domains parked, at parked.com ?!

Hmm…

I know the answer, and you probably do too.. It’s not so complicated ;)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably the same reason why I have most of my names elsewhere rather than develop myself. Because I want to. :D

ryanra357

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why Park is now free to join and sign up. (Previously Why Park cost $100 for 100 domain names).

New Premium Ad. Optional monthly upgrades.

Select the Standard Plan with no monthly fee and no setup fees.

Whypark.com

I just setup a quick account for a domain that has little type-in traffic to see how it would look. The site looks pretty good - SAPTraining[dot]me.

Thanks for the notice!

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally signed up and added 30 names. Kabaaam! They were all done, customized and everything in about ten minutes. Thumbs up for WhyPark.

Big P

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moved some of my generic .infos' & .tv's.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also just signed up & threw a dozen domains in.

Positive: sites were set up quickly, look more interesting than typical parking sites. Some of them have appropriate links & articles.

Negative: some articles are irrelevant to the domain's topic (kind of like it's hard to match ad categories in Parked.com to the domain's topic). For instance, I set up a site about granite coasters (i.e., drink coasters), and the top article on my WhyPark page is about the emotional roller-coaster of having herpes. :-O

Also, some of the articles are old - dated 2008.

Plus, their site seemed slow, but maybe people reading this thread are overloading it!

Last edited:

Big P

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also just signed up & threw a dozen domains in.

Positive: sites were set up quickly, look more interesting than typical parking sites. Some of them have appropriate links & articles.

Negative: some articles are irrelevant to the domain's topic (kind of like it's hard to match ad categories in Parked.com to the domain's topic). For instance, I set up a site about granite coasters (i.e., drink coasters), and the top article on my WhyPark page is about the emotional roller-coaster of having herpes. :-O

Also, some of the articles are old - dated 2008.

Plus, their site seemed slow, but maybe people reading this thread are overloading it!

:?: :lol:

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting.. Figured this would happen when Noomle came out with their free service. Gonna have to try a few domains there.. I also just heard about their referral program, seems like a good time to get on board with that :thumb:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stephen Douglas posted this on his blog on April 27, 2009.

"As most of you know, I’m the VP of Business Development at Whypark.com and I have worked closely with Craig Rowe and our team for almost a year to make the best domain development service ever created. I think we have achieved that and more."

so, they created the best domain development service but yet all of his domains are parked, with www.parked.com right ?!

when i read his blog i just couldn't stop laughing... this made my day!

thanks for the laugh!

btw, did whypark make anybody rich ?!

they have been around for years now... did anybody ever earn any decent money using their service?

i sure as hell never heard of such an occurence! lol ;)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so, they created the best domain development service but yet all of his domains are parked, with www.parked.com right ?!

thanks for the laugh!

they have been around for years now... did anybody ever earn any decent money using their service?

I'd be careful before calling the kettle black. :wave:

Big P

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

"As most of you know, I’m the VP of Business Development at Whypark.com and I have worked closely with Craig Rowe and our team for almost a year to make the best domain development service ever created. I think we have achieved that and more."

thanks for the laugh!

Ooops...what timing...Parked buys Whypark.

BizBot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stephen Douglas' response to Mike on NP forum (unanswered).

Man oh man. Did Cohen get BLINDSIDED today or what? This is what happens when you let your blather get ahead of you. He was throwing rocks at a steep snowpacked mountain and caused an avalanche that buried him.

I really don't even want to reply to him, but for a laugh, I'm going to pimp his ride.

Is Mike Cohen so desperate for attention that instead of spending his valuable domain developing time on his "successful domain development services", he's trying to hunt down what I'm doing with my domains! What a chump.

First of all, the obvious: Now that WhyPark and Parked are together, it's a no-brainer that it stomps out whatever Cohen is sputtering and muttering about. My point about WhyPark's importance in a domainer's strategic monetization has been proved.

Secondly, Mike has NO WAY whatsoever in finding out where or how I park my 3700 filtered and categorized domains. It's called "monetization strategy". Do I park some at Roar? Some at Parked.com? Domainsponsor? TrafficZ? Namedrive? At my own servers? Come on Mike, you're the genius here, and so good dogging people you're jealous of, give us all the answers. Fill me in, impress me with your "Madam Zola" tea-leaves reading.

How do you know how many of my domains are at WhyPark? Are you basing your "theories" on lookups on DomainTools? Did you forget I worked for DomainTools (Name Intelligence) and know its limitations and its benefits? You obviously don't.

Everything you said about me in this forum was libelous, because you made untrue and false business comments about me in a public forum, accusing me of not supporting the company where I served on the Board of Directors. That's libelous, and can easily cause you serious "alptraums". You can't make comments about my business dealings and spread harmful rumors that aren't true. I park SPECIFIC domains at WhyPark that I believe to be very strong brand/generics but don't get good typeins. This is a FACT. You don't know me, and because of that, the path you're taking isn't a good one on many levels, friend. Hell, you don't even know L2, and I wouldn't f*ck with him on any level. Ignorance and buffoonery can bring you disaster.

Let's say I take the High Road here and explain it to you:

There's no "duplicity" in my promoting WhyPark and not having my whole portfolio there. If you'd stop frothing at the mouth like a rabid squirrel without any nuts and READ what WhyPark's core market is, you might figure it out. It goes like this:

•If my domains are making good revenue at PPC, I'll let them sit at a parking service

• But if they aren't generating rev, and I believe they are good aftermarket domains, then I slowly move them to WhyPark, a few at a time. If I was solely a domainer, and not involved in other consulting projects, I'd spend a week or so and put ALL my domains that I believed will sell to an enduser over at WhyPark ASAP. But I add a few a week, and that's what my strategy is.

So Cohen, answer this for 100's of domainers who read your comments to fulfill their morbid voyeuristic urges and end up scratching their heads...

What is it that makes you so *****y?

Try some love and see how that works. See the good sides, focus on your own company, not everybody else's.

If you focus on YOUR COMPANY and be a little more "discreet" in your comments, I'm sure the domain community will be sorry to no longer read your unqualified, whiney, desperate, and (God, just back up a dumptruck here and unload a thesaurus full of pitiful adjectives) comments vilifying anyone you see as a competitor.

As for L2, he's a great guy, I have talked to him several times about his expertise in really knowing how to make WhyPark templates sing... and they sing well enough to get him nice "royalties". And he's man enough not to answer your stupid and ignorant comments about me and my involvement with WhyPark.

I hope that answers Cohen's unfair and unqualified libelous claims against me, and now he will relax and metamorphose from a prickly crawly caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly.

For the rest of the Whypark readers here, who are seemingly decent, you will not have spent your money in vain for an account. If you have paid $100 or more to get a WP account, that money will be credited by getting your account upgraded to more features usually reserved for monthly managed level services. For the record, unlimited domains can be uploaded to WhyPark at the standard level for FREE. For advanced usage, it's a small monthly fee that covers ALL your domains, from 100 to 100,000, and it doesn't change by amount of domains, unless you're doing specific domain upgrades.

I can't tell everyone enough how much I support WhyPark, even though I'm no longer an executive there after the acquisition. As "VP of Business Development" of WhyPark, I have achieved the goals needed, obviously, and I'm off to other great projects and clients.

Thanks again, L2. Talk soon.
DomainRelevance.com

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bizbot, will you copy/paste my threads/replies across 100 webmaster forums?

i will pay you $1/post

limited time offer ;)

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

thanks for the laugh!

WTF is your problem with Whypark? I've been using their service for a couple of year now and have had very little to complain about. Do I make money with them? Yes and I continue to do so. Am I rich? No but than again no other service has made me rich either.

discovernow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

i will pay you $1/post

limited time offer ;)

I heard WannaDevelop is the biggest fraud in the domain industry. It's all over the internet.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i will pay you $1/post

limited time offer ;)

I thought you already did that, hun. :smilewinkgrin:

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so who the best place to park ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom