Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why Park Successes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before I make any change at all with any domain -

- and since it has been a couple of weeks now since Why Park has teamed up with Parked-

- and since Why Park now offers a free service-

- instead of reading press releases and "testimonies", I would love to hear from members who have actually used and tried this service and get your take on it.

Also, please include who you parked with/monitized with previously.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "free" service is not so free since you are forced to run a very obvious ad so WhyPark can get new customers which detracts a lot from the sites imo and is harmful to the visitor experience because it shouts to visitors the site is about domains and domainers. There are other negatives too with the free sites including limited numbers of targeted templates.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "free" service is not so free since you are forced to run a very obvious ad so WhyPark can get new customers which detracts a lot from the sites imo and is harmful to the visitor experience because it shouts to visitors the site is about domains and domainers.

you can remove the link by going to the “Layout” section for your domain and removing the [[whypark]] placeholder.

There are other negatives too with the free sites including limited numbers of targeted templates.

How much do you expect to get for free?

Just remember if you have any kind of web design skills you can change the entire look of your Whypark site.

Example site ?

cellplan.net
forexinvesting.info
recipes-online.net

There just some of my domains at Whypark. Now you have to understand that I haven't done much customization with my sites so I have had only moderate success.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this is the type of feedback I want to hear, the pluses and minuses.

It may not want to be what why park wants to hear but we need to be real.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can remove the link by going to the “Layout” section for your domain and removing the [[whypark]] placeholder.

Not correct. You can't access the layout area with the free acct so that can not be done except if you upgrade to the monthly fee acct.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not correct. You can't access the layout area with the free acct so that can not be done except if you upgrade to the monthly fee acct.

I just checked the site. You are correct they are making new customers pay a monthly fee to have access to the HTML code. Dumb idea if you ask me. Must be because I paid $100 under their old system that they let me have access to it.

It makes it hard for me to recommend their service when they do shit like this.:sigh2:

Last edited:

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With free account clicking on customization button I receive following message

Your Account Does Not Support Layout Customization. You must upgrade to the Enhanced or Managed subscription tier to have access to the CSS and HTML code for complete customization.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the input.

Having to pay a fee for flexibility is no big deal to me.

If it performs, it performs.

If it does not perform better, then there is a problem.

All boils down to content and keywords.

If I can control both then it is all on me make a name/site perform.

Plus, I am not sure how much "effort" would be put in to managing my account.

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why park actually sucks - I tried it about 6 months ago - moved some good domains into it and after an initial few weeks of revenue - the traffic just went down along with the revenues.

I am not at all happy with their service (and I paid $100).

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree that I hardly make anything parking domains with why park, but I have made several sales after people contact me through why park. The sales definitely outweigh the fact that I'm not making much parking the domains.

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea - over the past couple of years I have tried everything adsense and whypark - with over 300 domains, bringing more than 40 to 50K uniques - I've never managed to make more than $300 in a month and whypark was definitely the worst of it.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@ doc com ... Are you paid to post on this forum?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never expected to get much if any revenue from Whypark but mainly used it to build-up traffic thanks to the nice webpages but unfortunately have been disappointed so far without much of an increase after many months at WP. Not sure why overall traffic apparently did not increase? Anyone know?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@ doc com ... Are you paid to post on this forum?
Nope, not a penny.

Would you like to start a fund?

I have just as many questions as I have answers.

SEO, parking, keywords, parking companies, site development - seems this stuff changes almost daily.

Perhaps the most frustrating aspect of all domaining is have a few name that get thousands in traffic and no conversion.

Domaining is a learning process.

Once I know everything about domaining, then this forum will be no benefit to me.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ask Parked.com to enable the full control feature that allows you full customization of the templates.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask Parked.com to enable the full control feature that allows you full customization of the templates.

Thanks for the heads-up. Never knew that benefit was available. Is that about parked.com, whypark or both?

With that said, not sure I will ask for it because I already customized my best sites and next best ones sometime ago and am unconvinced having a better parking site no matter how great it may be would help increase traffic and revenues to any degree at all.

Current traffic the parked names get is going to be there regardless of how pretty or customized the page is so my question is why do more customizing of the pages? Maybe I am somehow missing something :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom