Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why participate in bidding wars and drive the price higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see a thread (and many old threads) where so many platinum and exclusive members seem to be engaed in an online bidding frenzy for a name.

But WHY? It becomes basically a bidding war driving up the price to higher levels than the name would achieve if not for the bid frenzy. I realize I am one of a minority not selling individual domains here but still I wonder about the logic from a buyers viewpoint.

I refuse to participate in these bidding wars even if I want the name. Why do you guys do that anyway? All it often does is make the price the final bidder pays much higher than if PM's were being sent.

In this case it is even odder since the owner invites bids either by post or PM. Sometimes in other sale threads the owner specifically says no PM's, only posted bids, of course he say's that to start a bidding war. That is real smart of the seller but not too smart from the potential buyers view (vs PM bids).

OK, go ahead and flame me for saying this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom