Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

why people call poker texas holdem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.....I am not a native English speaker so I don`t know much about the different way to name games.....but I`m curious about poker since it is a big keyword.
Why the word Texas? Is it related to the Us state of Texas ? And why Holdem ?

Thanks....just try to explain me like if I was 5 year old ...:embaressed_smile:

Domain Days 2024

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didnt read the article so you might already know this now, but Texas Holdem is just one of hundreds of different Poker games. There is 5 card draw, 7 card stud, and many more. Texas Holdem has become an extremely popular game recently so that is why you hear about it so much compared to other poker games. Tournaments such as the World Series of Poker use holdem for their championship.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nrmillions said:
I didnt read the article so you might already know this now, but Texas Holdem is just one of hundreds of different Poker games. There is 5 card draw, 7 card stud, and many more. Texas Holdem has become an extremely popular game recently so that is why you hear about it so much compared to other poker games. Tournaments such as the World Series of Poker use holdem for their championship.

yes I read that it is just one variant but I`m still kurios why they called it :

hold`em

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
becuase as in most poker games, a major object of the game is to get people to fold. If you hold 'em, you pay to play, but you have a chance at winning. If you dont hold 'em, you have no chance what-so-ever. It all comes down to two things. Do you hold what you've got, or take the chance and take the pot.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not 100 % sure but as far as I know Texas Holdem was started amongst road gamblers in Dallas, Texas. The game gained instant popularity as it allowed more people to play at the same time and allowed for much more action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom