Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why would traffic quality score fluctuate wildly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how my TQ score could possibly fluctuate so wildly going from a 4 at start of the past 30-day period all the way to a high 10 score about 2-weeks later but now to only a low 2 in the past 30-days when my traffic, traffic sources, CTR and what they are looking for is basically the same during this time span? This makes no sense.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nothing is making sense anymore.....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's because they are real people and different people...all doing different things and sometimes there is a time lag in conversion periods...it always goes up in down in any business..even when you are selling the same thing to the same companies over and over! Nothing is constant and with real visitors and real clicks and ever changing campaigns from advertisers you will see fluctuation...hope this helps, and good luck :eek:k:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes...but i know what i am paying adwords for my keywords....i know where the traffic is coming from......and i know what the cpc on these keywords is....and it is NOT what i am being paid.......or even close to it......so....where is the $$ going???

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nothing is making sense anymore.....

every category that is added to signify a quantity

will always be questioned...

so why add it?

:rolleyes:

unless you explain the equation to calculate the TQ score.

based on how each visitor's click is scored or not scored

and the equation to calulate "that" score

based on what?

:?:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My Score went from a nice TQ 10 based on only 3 names active at parked.com (2 of my best traffic ones in their 2 categories which both get amazing ctr's) but fell off the cliff down to a TQ 2 in a few days *after* adding about 20 new domains which 20 combined get almost zero traffic but are in many diverse categories instead of the main 2.

That makes me seriously think it likely barring another explanation that my TQ Score is NOT based on actual clicks and traffic but instead based on potential clicks related strongly to the number of names and the individual categories they are in.

Anyone else see this happen? I wish Don Simon would comment on this anomaly?

every category that is added to signify a quantity

will always be questioned... so why add it? :rolleyes:

Thanks Focus but I don't believe that is the reason in my case but I am sure is valid in many other situations.

It's because they are real people and different people...all doing different things and sometimes there is a time lag in conversion periods...it always goes up in down in any business..even when you are selling the same thing to the same companies over and over! Nothing is constant and with real visitors and real clicks and ever changing campaigns from advertisers you will see fluctuation...hope this helps, and good luck :eek:k:

miraculix123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Score is not only based on actual data, the data from several weeks are "in the score", may be about a month (?), but the last week always have the most weight. For me there are not such big jumps like you told.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Score is not only based on actual data, the data from several weeks are "in the score", may be about a month (?), but the last week always have the most weight. For me there are not such big jumps like you told.

That is what I figured, not based on actual traffic and clicks but some mysterious method instead?

I can post a screen-shot of my nonsensical and wildly fluctuating TQ chart if anyone wants to see it. Just let me know.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Trader; Sorry to hear about your TQ Score dropping... Mine fluctuates drastically day to day, jumping from 6 to 10.

Perhaps Donny can answer this, Does Parked or Yahoo terminate accounts based on TQ Scoring?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
TQ = Thieving Quotient

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is the complaining only here?
Did Yahoo just tell Parked their overall TQ sucks?
Have other companies with Yahoo feeds dropped payouts?

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trader;

There is a lot I think none of us understand. I have seen what you are getting at to in a different way. My score is low and I know why and I am working on it to get it up. I have around 450 domains with Parked and 20 to 30 of them get clicks every day. I have a friend that has 1/4 the domains and only 5 or 6 of his domains get clicks each day. Because he does not get enough traffic to get a score his TQ is No Score. He has shown me his Domain Stats page after the adjustment on several occasions. On the same high paying keyword he gets 30 to 40 times what I get. If you go back through the post here Donny has on several occasions told us that a - or no score means that you don't have enough traffic for Yahoo to grade you. So I assume that this means it does not matter where their traffic comes from or how crappy it is they still get the high pay while the others (the ones producing the most) are trying to keep up with a fraction of the pay.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trader;

There is a lot I think none of us understand. I have seen what you are getting at to in a different way. My score is low and I know why and I am working on it to get it up. I have around 450 domains with Parked and 20 to 30 of them get clicks every day. I have a friend that has 1/4 the domains and only 5 or 6 of his domains get clicks each day. Because he does not get enough traffic to get a score his TQ is No Score. He has shown me his Domain Stats page after the adjustment on several occasions. On the same high paying keyword he gets 30 to 40 times what I get. If you go back through the post here Donny has on several occasions told us that a - or no score means that you don't have enough traffic for Yahoo to grade you. So I assume that this means it does not matter where their traffic comes from or how crappy it is they still get the high pay while the others (the ones producing the most) are trying to keep up with a fraction of the pay.

interesting, so in theory for some people, it may be better to keep you account under the threshold of getting a score

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is as I see it no one can tell you where that threshold is. And once you get a score you cant just drop your traffic and your score will drop away (tried that). From what I see on this forum Donny doesn't have a copy of Yahoo's play book or knowing him he would have shared the major points to us. I would not want to be him in these times.

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes...but i know what i am paying adwords for my keywords....i know where the traffic is coming from......and i know what the cpc on these keywords is....and it is NOT what i am being paid.......or even close to it......so....where is the $$ going???

Advertising networks and parking programs have their profit margins too.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TQ scores are calculated completely on conversions to the advertiser. So if you have domains that get 0 clicks, then they are not counted in your TQ score. The TQ score is updated every 7 days, technically on Thursday, but is based off of a 4 week weighted averaged with a larger portion being based on last week as opposed to the previous week.

Accounts are terminated for long term low scores. If I look at somebody who has a 1, I can usually tell why they have a low score. I personally would rather not terminate an account if I don't have to, so in many cases if somebody has a low score they will get an email from me or their account manager telling them to fix the problem asap. Sometimes Yahoo comes in and tells us to terminate a large number of the low accounts.

If you were a 10 in the first or second week in January and then you dropped this is because of the TQ scores being reset, so you can't really count on that TQ score of a 10.

trader - if you want me to look at your TQ score, send me a PM with your username as I don't know what it is.

Donny

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parked is a great program (thus far).

But I'm just wondering, Are there parking progams that doesn't use Google or yahoo?

There are several out there. I have used one back close to 2 years ago not even sure they exist any more.

DomainHop.com
DomainHop domain parking Min. Domains: No International Feed: No Feed Origin: Kanoodle Manual Keyword: Yes Stats: Real time Payment: Net 15, by Check or PayPal Revenue Split: 55/45 Lander: DomainHop example Domain Registration: No Other: N/A Website: domainhop.com

The problem is where you might get 50 cents at a Google feed for a very high paying key word or $1.00 on a Yahoo feed you will be luck to get 5 cents on any other feed provider. Best to stay where you are and ride it out.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007, are you gettting better results with a google feed?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007, are you gettting better results with a google feed?
Of course. Domainsponsor + Skenzo works best for me. Was testing lot of domains on Yahoo feed (Hitfarm) to no avail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom