Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wife regrets winning lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$113 million after taxes..
But than with all the crimes. and granddaughter missing. He sure is a looser..

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohhh ns??? Did somebody kidnap his granddaughter for ransom money or something? I havent heard anything about this. Tell me more.

*** Nevermind the Link was right there for me to read. ***

That sucks ... i guess the winnings and all the family problems has drove him to alcoholism?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't want the money, I'd be willing to take it off his hands.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
careful what you wish for. nothing like having a big target painted on your back.

~ Nexus

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Made for TV-movie in the making here. Hopefully it will have a hollywood ending and the granddaughter will be OK.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Momentum said:
Made for TV-movie in the making here. Hopefully it will have a hollywood ending and the granddaughter will be OK.

Agreed!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Momentum said:
At least one movie I know of that speaks to the experience, but with a Hollywood ending, and not-so-evil side-effects. This was about a family that seemed to keep winning different contests. There was also that movie with Nicolas Cage about a police officer who told a waitress he'd split his winnings and carried through with it afterwards (much to the consternation of his wife). I ran into some of the following thoughts I read in an article when I actually through through the iea of winning a large amount of money.
Lottery Weary-3 reasons to avoid winning the lottery. After years of working with state lottery winners I have learned a lot about money and a little about me. I’m pretty sure I don’t want to win the lottery and really sure I don’t want you to win. The odds of being happy after winning are even more ridiculous than the odds of winning themselves. I’ll give you at least 3 reasons to avoid winning the lottery.

Everyone will want your money. Case history shows time and again the immense pressure from family, friends, and strangers to share the wealth can be a destructive relentless force. Will it be harder to say yes or say no? How will you handle the sheer volume of requests let alone the emotional manipulation associated with the requests? Do not underestimate the intensity or hurricane force of the people around you venting their need for your benevolence. Money changes people, not just you, but also the people around you. A feeding frenzy will begin the likes of which can only be compared to a pool of starving piranhas surrounding a lonely chicken leg. Your odds of survival are slim. Often families are torn apart, friendships are destroyed, and doors are opened to less reputable acquaintances. I know you think you can handle it. I’m pretty sure you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. Run while you still can, or better yet, donate the money to some worthy charity and be done with it.

80% of winners file for bankruptcy in 5 years. Why? Because what we do with a little we do with a lot (Oh, and see #1). With so many Americans struggling financially, why would we be so foolish to think we’d do a better job with more money? We’d just dig a bigger whole. Don’t think so? Do the research and discover that 80% of lottery winners go bankrupt in 5 years. And it’s not just going to be the money you lose, there is so much else at stake, including relationships and sanity.

You will be alienated and lonely. Why? See 1 and 2. Not only will you not know what to do with the money or yourself, neither will anyone else. People you give money to will resent you, people you don’t give money to will resent you, and a bunch of new people will enter the picture that you can’t trust. You will recognize them by the dollar signs in their eyes and the oddly selfless way they want to support you in this your time of need. After a number of betrayals your paranoia and lack of trust will spread like a rash.

I strongly encourage you not to play, let alone win. The evidence is there for the viewing, the struggle of lottery winners is well documented. It seems like a miracle and turns into a curse for too many winners. Besides if you win it means I don’t win. I’m tired of watching other people win and so the 4th reason you should avoid winning the lottery is to help me out.

Keywords: Lottery, winner, prize, money, jackpot

About the Author
lawsuited Jason,
[email protected]
http://www.ppicash.com
Marketing Guru and Customer Service fanatic. A philosophy of serving my company and my customers. I'm revolutionizing the cash flow industry to service clients like movie stars.
http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/article.cfm?articleid=35554

This doesn't even begin to touch on people attempting to EXTORT money from you through a number of different ways. They can compromise you legally and then drop the boom, they can kidnap or threaten your family, or they can just steal from you (old fashioned but still popular).

Would I like to win... I suppose. But, I'd definitely look at it practically, and do my best to protect myself before claiming the money. Then after retaining legal cousel, I'd brace myself for the storm. Having already lent money to friends, I can only imagine where things would go had I publically disclosed gobs of cash on hand. I can't imagine things being sunshine and roses, but with a little discipline, I'm sure you could prob. do well for yourself and loved ones.

~ Nexus

Bart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you show cash, you attract trash.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of "Hollywood Ending", I still like Woody Allen for the movie of the same name, even though I used to LOVE his films. :D

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, lets do a test. Everyone here donate gobs of cash to me, and see if I regret taking all that cash in one years time. :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
Ok, lets do a test. Everyone here donate gobs of cash to me, and see if I regret taking all that cash in one years time. :)
No, no... we would need to raise money for advertising first. Before you get the money, #1.) it must be clear to at least 1 million complete strangers that you are getting the money #2.) the money must be at least 1 million dollars after taxes. #3.) you must agree to have your current name, address, and contact information publically deciminated.

Then, and only then, would it get remotely interesting. Goes to show though. The best way to come into a mound of dough, is through inheritance, or earning it. Give me a confoundingly large inheritance over a big bucks winning lottery ticket anyday.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom