Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wikipedia annoys me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borghunter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have recently been block from wikipedia for the stupidest reason, my username is to similar to another username. This is probalbly the dumbest rule I have ever seen, and I can't sign up for a new account until tomorrow because it knows the IP I used to sign up, and my account was closed. Has anybody else had this problem, it gets on my nerves.

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why do u need a account to browse wiki?

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Borghunter said:
I have recently been block from wikipedia for the stupidest reason, my username is to similar to another username. This is probalbly the dumbest rule I have ever seen, and I can't sign up for a new account until tomorrow because it knows the IP I used to sign up, and my account was closed. Has anybody else had this problem, it gets on my nerves.
Wait the day and laugh it off.

No big deal. It's their site (that is, they set the policies and you have to live with them or not browse) and the policy seems fair, IMO.

movil

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, yeah, it\'s kind of awkward.
One day they stopped me also because my IP was going through a proxy (My ISP )
At the end all this policies are molesting the end user more than stopping spam.

Borghunter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I need an account to edit pages, my username was too close to that of moderator "BorgHunter", didn't there was another borghunter out there, and I registered as borghunter0, still pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom