Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Windows 8 - india & promo offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainSkull

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello

Windows launching :director:its windows 8 in India with PROMO offer :whoo:

if any Indian had purchased pc/laptop after 2nd June 2012 than user can get win 8 at the price of $13 before 2nd June 2012 $35 and original without any promo $222

so now what you want to say ??? :blah: :rant:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been using Windows 8 for a couple of months now on a test laptop at work and I despise it.

They dumbed it down WAY too much and made it very un-user-friendly for IT people who have to support it.

You wouldn't pay me enough to go to Win8 on a computer I rely on.

Also, this promo is normal when MS launches a new "OS" - people who bought a PC within a certain time frame from it launching get a free upgrade.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They dumbed it down WAY too much and made it very un-user-friendly for IT people who have to support it.

Statements like this boggle my mind. They dumbed it down so much that its hard to support? lol
umm btw what did you test on it? what except for the cliched` metro/windows interface did u "un"like :)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Statements like this boggle my mind. They dumbed it down so much that its hard to support? lol
umm btw what did you test on it? what except for the cliched` metro/windows interface did u "un"like :)

No more start button - the Windows key takes you to a bunch of buttons - the desktop is no longer the default, these buttons are and they don't take you to something like Windows Explorer or the usual folders but a list of the files etc..

Control panel etc.. is also not easy to get to for support options.

They made it too easy for end users and took out some of the simple things that I think most users use and took away the support tools or made it difficult to get to.

I will not be upgrading and I've voiced my opinion to my company to not to go to Win8 (even though I have almost no say - at least we skipped Vista and went straight to Win7).

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when people switched from XP to 7.

Well some good enterprise features you might wish to check out in W8:

1. Refresh and Reset recovery with total recovery to any state within minutes.

2 Client Hyper-V sessions for Virtualization on a Workstation. Similar to the Server, so you dont need a full fledged server to use virtualized instances for testing / training / implementation purposes.

3 UEFI has replaced BIOS to Enhance and Secure Booting process. Boots within mere seconds

4 Early Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) protects against boot loader attacks and unauthorized Operating Systems. You can no longer just install an OS and get into a system.

5 Full Windows Experience on x86-Based Tablets - No more restrictions on tablets with alienated OS's like iOS. Total freedom to install and configure on Tablets

6 Windows To Go : Lets Users Take Their Workstation With Them. /install a full OS ona high speed USB and thats your computer.

7 New Network Authentication Types : Easier and safer authentication protocols to ease intra-device security implementations.

Dont even get me started on a lot of fixed itches like complete external drive eject, Explorer Ribbon and several utilities that exist on there. Well its a matter of your choice, but don't let superficial irks turn you away from some awesome enterprise level changes they have implemented in there. I think this one is a keeper.

note: to get to control panel, just type control on the metro interface. You no longer need to type into the search box.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have it on one computer and that is the total extent of any plans on upgrading to Windows 8 in the home.

Other than one laptop with Vista, all other laptops and desktops are XP and Win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom