Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

With Plans to Double Their Show Count is the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Team Tripping Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also don't see the benefit. Personally, I don't think there's a benefit to me by bidding against Rick Latona at these events. It appears he outsources the actual auctioneering, but still bids on the names himself. If true, it gives the impression that the prices might be jacked-up by someone with a financial interest in the convention. If I'm wrong about this, please advise.

Also, I'd be more inclined to participate and pay admission fees for these conventions if certain individuals of spurious integrity weren't offered coveted speaking positions. In reality, it's an insult to have formerly desperate typo-squatters, who've amassed fortune(s), bloviating about the domain business, or sharing their views about anything for that matter. Not only wouldn't I contribute my hard-earned money to this farce, I wouldn't sell them my snot.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's not shoot them for trying to keep things moving forward... I'm going to wait and see. Personally think they are making a lot of mistakes, but they are making good moves too...

Keep in mind the reason for more shows could be to choke out the competition (gain/hold market share), that strategy alone could make expanding worth while.

JMO
:yo:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These shows are the best way for domainers to connect with each other. I can say from experience that these shows are very much worth it...I have made connections that could not be made otherwise...the actual agenda is secondary to the contacts you will make.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These shows are the best way for domainers to connect with each other. I can say from experience that these shows are very much worth it...I have made connections that could not be made otherwise...the actual agenda is secondary to the contacts you will make.

I totally agree with Onward...I love the Traffic shows, and I have met quality domainers. I have also acquired some amazing domains at the auctions, for good prices.. I am thrilled that they have scheduled a show in Toronto for next year.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say as well...The people I have met on this forum have propelled me very much.

I am now business partners with many people I have met through this forum. It is hands down the best place to conduct business in the domain market if you look hard enough.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although I don't attend them, I can't see a downside to any PR regarding the value of domains...

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Although I don't attend them, I can't see a downside to any PR regarding the value of domains...

Absolutely. Any PR is good for any domainer's portfolio. IMHO, that's probably why dnjournal.com was formed in the first place, to help sustain any value to the portfolio of Ron Jackson. I don't believe he owned any top-notch .coms, but he spent lots of $$$$ on .us and other extensions.

I'm not knocking the PR end of it. Any PR also helps my collection.

Too bad characters like Kevin Ham are held up as shining examples of what's possible in the domain business. Sure, the guy made lots of money, and I can't fault his tenacity. But I believe he's not one of the good guys who is helping steer the Internet toward 100% usefullness.

I liken the whole ppc & typosquatting phenomenon to the vision of money falling off of a brinks truck on the road, or bank robbers throwing cash out of the window of the get-away car in order to clog traffic behind them. The individuals stopping to pluck the fallen cash from the air are good for the economy because they have more money to spend, but they tend to clog and slow the progress of traffic. That's what ppc schemers and typosquatters do, they slow the progress of a useful Internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom