Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"WLS' slated to start tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
World's first talking dog reports that the controversial service will open it's doors April 2, 2004.

Please continue story with your reply.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
World's first talking dog reports that the controversial service will open it's doors April 2, 2004.

Please continue story with your reply.

Thanks for the April Fools joke, we all need a laugh.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, this is NOT a joking matter... and *sorry* Sharpy it does NOT start tomorrow. As many of you already know, WLS unfortunately started on Tuesday, March 30th. I've been fairly quiet about this, because it has become clear that there has been a concerted agenda by those "in-the-know" to mask the truth from the domainer community at large. Tuesday at approximately 6 am, the WLS system went LIVE, and even some major registrars were caught off guard from the buzz on the GNSO mailing list. A LOT of people are PISSED. Apparently all the Network Solutions NRR backorders went through flawlessly, even beating out sections where SnapNames and NRR overlapped (believe it or not.)

I won't say what WLS subs I got, but I'm proud to say I have at least 20 prime one-word dictionary terms that have a solid chance of dropping in the next year. This is messed up. This isn't the way I wanted this to happen. :( I wonder what the legal repercussions will be...

~ Nexus

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And I've decided to go work for VeriSign. :party:

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nexus said:
Guys, this is NOT a joking matter... and *sorry* Sharpy it does NOT start tomorrow. As many of you already know, WLS unfortunately started on Tuesday, March 30th. I've been fairly quiet about this, because it has become clear that there has been a concerted agenda by those "in-the-know" to mask the truth from the domainer community at large. Tuesday at approximately 6 am, the WLS system went LIVE, and even some major registrars were caught off guard from the buzz on the GNSO mailing list. A LOT of people are PISSED. Apparently all the Network Solutions NRR backorders went through flawlessly, even beating out sections where SnapNames and NRR overlapped (believe it or not.)

I won't say what WLS subs I got, but I'm proud to say I have at least 20 prime one-word dictionary terms that have a solid chance of dropping in the next year. This is messed up. This isn't the way I wanted this to happen. :( I wonder what the legal repercussions will be...

~ Nexus
:laugh: Nice one!

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:
And I've decided to go work for VeriSign. :party:
Wow. They should be happy to have you, though we all know you're really there to be a double agent for the registrar constituency. Go geddum! :bandit:

~ Nexus

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ADDENDUM: I'll be posting a list of registrars hastily launching their public-facing WLS services by the end of the day. I'm on a number of their mailing lists, and its clear a lot of them are scrambling right now.

For now, there's eNom, Dodora, and NextRegistrationRights.com. GoDaddy hasn't responded back, but my contacts at Register.com and OpenSRS said they'd have an answer by the end of the day.

~ Nexus

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update from REGISTER.COM:
"W-Whu... how did you get this number? For the last time, stop calling my @#$% house, or I'll report you to the police! There is NO Dobie Wallace here! --CLICK"

By "police", I assume this is a reference to "ICANN" or "Verisign". The inference I believe is that they will not be immediately supporting WLS.

Update from TUCOWS/OPENSRS:
"Hello. Hello? Is someone there? Why do you keep calling here if you're not going to say anything? Uh. [-noise in the background]. [--whispers--] I think its the same guy. What? Yeah... he kept asking about the waiting list-- [muffled] --and won't say anything. [--silence, rustling--] Hello? Are you still there? Please stop calling our 800 number with the same damn question! It hasn't started yet, we don't know when it will, so go away!!! [--pause--] [--whispers--] I bet he's still there...[--click--]"

The inference here is that WLS is indeed being talked about at OpenSRS. I believe they'll be up by the end of the day.

Update from eNom:
"Ok. Listen closely, because I'm not going to say this again. EDWARD NOM. My name is EDWARD NOM. I DO NOT REGISTER DOMAIN NAMES. If you call my cell phone one more time and waste my minutes or voice mail box, I will hunt you down and kill you. [--click--]"

Apparently eNom is getting out of the business, and different from my previous report, will not be supporting WLS.

I have a number for Network Solutions I'll be trying sometime later, so stay tuned.

Regards,
~ Nexus

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Our contact (Keith) with Next Registration Rights at NSI told us today that this program is still in the pre rollout stages and that they are still waiting for DOC (Department Of Commerce) approval. All buys made at this time are still in the pre roll-out stage and thus will not take place as active until this approval is made by the DOC.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
April Fools. Hopefully no one got too out of sorts by the tomfoolery.
In other news, the Postal service has decided to allow people to keep their zipcodes when moving to new locations around the country. Many commercial zipcode locator services are up in arms from what I've heard as it more greatly relies on the use of expensive techonology and services to keep records accurate and up to date.

More information on NPR's website:
http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_1805651.html
"I was born and bred in Kenosha, Wis.," Jenoffer said. "I use to spend my winters ice-fishing with friends. But my company moved me to New York City, which was hard enough. But then the post office said I had to change zip codes. I couldn't be 53142 anymore. And that hurt. It was like I was out on the lake fishing you know, and suddenly like the ice wasn't here."

~ Nexus

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It may be no April Fools as to the drops tommorrow - Here is Pool's top drops for 4/2/04 - Not a com or net in the group - Just not being awarded at Next Reg yet I guess - But they said you will see no .com or .net drops?

POOL = A Sample of Domains Deleting 4/2/04 - Check Pool's Hot List - Not a Domain In The List?

antibiotics.org
redlight.info
pokergame.org
peepshow.org
steuern.info
superbowlxxxviii.biz
reichtum.info
designedbymoonlight.org
motivation.info
jesussavedme.org

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of 4/3 an 4/4 drops. Could be one of several things.

1. Pool is making a statement by not listing com/net.
2. Pool is running an April fools joke.
3. There are no names dropping on April 2 due to the way grace periods fall in a leap year? Namewinner has none listed for 4/2 either, but plenty on 4/3.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark - Yes we got many on 4/3 listed to watch - 4/2 Who knows? Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom