Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Won OfficeXP.com & Windows98.com.... or did i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sure Microsoft is done with these and have used these names as much as it can serve them. Both Windows98 and OfficeXP are no longer supported products. So it make sense they would drop these names. However their are folks in 3rd world countries who have windows98 and officexp and to them it is brand new. Thus they could be utilized to serve underprivileged folks which the Gates are very big in philanthropy and would see benefit to the possibilities of these names... just a thought

Last edited:

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Office XP = a blog about your experiences at the office. Just like "office experience". But officeexperience.com is taken. So this was your alternative.

Windows 98 = you're installing windows in peoples' homes for $98. It is part of your business name just like 99 Designs.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are you smoking? The screenshots show you backordered the domain, not won them
well the refresh.. prior to the screen shot showed 3 minutes left in red for backorder bidding.

I clicked refresh to see the updated status of winner.. and thats is what I attached. ...which I admit puzzles me.

Hence the Post Title :::: Won OfficeXP.com & Windows98.com.... or did i? ::::

I am technically confused because this has never happened to me using Namejet.. where the messaging does not fit the results.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
big difference... windows98 and officexp are dead products... your example was a live product

Maybe by version, but I recall "Office" and "Windows" ARE active products especially attached to the acronyms XP and 98.
I wouldnt even touch-em with YOUR hands.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck and have fun trying to explain that to MS legal department.

Office XP = a blog about your experiences at the office. Just like "office experience". But officeexperience.com is taken. So this was your alternative.

Windows 98 = you're installing windows in peoples' homes for $98. It is part of your business name just like 99 Designs.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree TM's are a NO No. But why would they send in the lawyers for domain names they did not want anymore instead of just paying for multiple year renewals to protect their brand, $100? They new that would happen if they dropped, they are going to send CD letters for eternity.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would suspect Microsoft has thousands, maybe tens of thousands of domain names.

Any one of which could get mis-managed or overlooked.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well the refresh.. prior to the screen shot showed 3 minutes left in red for backorder bidding.

I clicked refresh to see the updated status of winner.. and thats is what I attached. ...which I admit puzzles me.

Hence the Post Title :::: Won OfficeXP.com & Windows98.com.... or did i? ::::

I am technically confused because this has never happened to me using Namejet.. where the messaging does not fit the results.

It has several bids (and yours may be the highest) so just by judging the screenshots, it should go into private auction in a couple of days.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would you even backorder these names ? :?:

Reaction score
I agree TM's are a NO No. But why would they send in the lawyers for domain names they did not want anymore instead of just paying for multiple year renewals to protect their brand, $100? They new that would happen if they dropped, they are going to send CD letters for eternity.

I was sued for $250,000 for a domain that earned me $7. I had to settle out of court for $10,000 (plus costs). No offer was ever made. Some companies don't care about offering you money - they just like to win. Personally I'd listen to what people are advising you here about deleting them if you got them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom