Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Woo Hoo! Way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have the names earned more previously ?
It all depends on traffic and quality, you can even make $0 with 1000 names if they are really horrible :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it was my first month (or part month) parking. So maybe there's room for improvement? I'm afraid I need keywords101.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First move your domains to parked. Then manage your keyword and viola.

Believe me, we've checked all of them.

Regards,
em

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"First move your domains to parked. Then manage your keyword and viola.
Believe me, we've checked all of them."

Not sure what you mean. I have parked the domains. I have also given each of them a keyword, but obviously not a very good one. What all have you checked?

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"First move your domains to parked. Then manage your keyword and viola.
Believe me, we've checked all of them."

Not sure what you mean. I have parked the domains. I have also given each of them a keyword, but obviously not a very good one. What all have you checked?

Re-read his tag. :)

Personally, my sedo account has been doing much better than my parked account the last few months, name for name.. Odd.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
get your own account using parked.com and park some of your domains, compare the results.

Let me know.
em

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have traffic ?

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, TheWatcher and Sdsinc. I have a tiny amount of traffic, and about eight are getting a lot of uniques (well, comparatively). I applied for Parked but was turned down.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, TheWatcher and Sdsinc. I have a tiny amount of traffic, and about eight are getting a lot of uniques (well, comparatively). I applied for Parked but was turned down.

Try it again next time, most new investors had the same faith.

KEep me posted.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Did Parked.com tell you why they turned you down?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First move your domains to parked. Then manage your keyword and viola.

Believe me, we've checked all of them.

Regards,
em

imo....don't think it's appropriate to just say "move your names to Parked" here in this section.
especially without providing statical reasons for doing so.

Re-read his tag. :)

Personally, my sedo account has been doing much better than my parked account the last few months, name for name.. Odd.

I moved some names to parked and originally they did better, but after January's slide, they never recovered.

Since then, I have moved some back to Sedo and other ppc's and they have regained their normal averages, which is higher than what Parked is paying now.

In the end, each domain's performance will vary from one ppc to another.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the email:

"In order for Parked.com to pay industry leading payouts we have to ensure traffic quality for our network is of the highest standards.
Our traffic quality department has analyzed your application and has determined that it does not currently meet the standards we are looking for in new Parked.com partners."

Going on my revenue from Sedo, they are right. But I do have some good names (e.g., pelargonium.com) and feel that if I could get my keywords fixed I could do better.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a lot of good traffic obviously you will have little revenue.
Concentrate on the names with high traffic, first determine the origin of traffic: see if visitors are coming from backlinks for example, and check archive.org to see if the domain was previously developed. You can use google too (they may have a cache of the site). When you have a better idea of what visitors may be looking for then you can select more appropriate keywords.
Use the preview tools at Sedo so you will see what visitors get, if the ads are not relevant try different keywords. (That being said, I don't think that a name like pelargonium gets a lot of searches).

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I will have a go at all that. Actually, pelargonium.com is one of my top traffic ones. The name is well-known to gardeners - it's the correct name for what is generally known as the geranium. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom