Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

WordPress Bad Faith?; Nat Cohen Takes Frivolous UDRP to Court & Wins; Sherpas’ Oldest Domains; How t

Cyger

Michael Cyger, Publisher of DNAcademy.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get into the minds of the Sherpas with the DomainSherpa Discussion!

* WordPress buys Thesis.com in bad faith but wins UDRP on technicality, or was it?
* Domain Name investor rights are buoyed by a recent UDRP ruling -- find out why.
* Fake website Bloomberg.market taken down by Rightside registry -- bad precedent?
* Nat Cohen's Telepathy teaches a reverse domain name hijacker a lesson in court and walks away with a settlement.
* Reader question: What are the Sherpas oldest domain names?
* Reader question: How should a newbie appraise and price 400 domain names for listing on buy-it-now marketplaces?
* Reader question: which is better two word .co or .xyz or two word with a hyphen in .com?
* And much more!

We're joined by three Domain Sherpas: Andrew Allemann, Michael Berkens and Page Howe.

http://www.domainsherpa.com/discussion-20150723/

Domain summit 2024

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was there at the very moment the thesis.com controversy was born.

At Namescon 2014, Matt Mullenweg from Wordpress was a last-minute addition to the lineup. After his talk, he stuck around for some photos and well wishers. I was standing there when the owner of thesis.com told him he owned it, and asked for advice on selling it. Matt got a wide grin on his face and said "Hell, I'll buy it". He gave him his card and asked him to contact him after the conference. That was the last I heard about it until this week.

Interesting to see what happened to it after the fact.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom