Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

World's longest run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The current world record of longest run is held by Gary Parsons, an Australian, who ran a continuous 19,030 km back in 1999. I first thought how could it be possible to keep running for months without sleeping until I read this article: http://www.coolrunning.com.au/ultra/1999036.shtml

Turns out it's not CONTINUOUS continuous. But like if you could run 16 hours continuously every day and it would be counted as continuous....

According to the stats, he ran an average of 73 km per day. That's 4.56 km/h. Not hard. I usually do 10km/h for an hour. But never tried to run continuously for 16 hours...not to mention for 9 months. :undecided:

So what do you think would be the hardest part? One can always be as energetic as the previous day after 7 hours of sleep, right? I'm inspired....would probably start training and trying...it would be a terrific experience and show-off....lol

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can't imagine anything more boring or pointless tbh
unless you do it for a great cause like a kids charity or something

why run when you can walk, take in the sights! lol

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can't imagine anything more boring or pointless tbh
unless you do it for a great cause like a kids charity or something

why run when you can walk, take in the sights! lol

Hmmm, maybe it's like climbing a mountain barefoot. A sense of achievement?

What's the point of living any way...lol

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm halfway through reading Born to Run, the book that sparked the recent barefoot-running craze. It's about a tribe in Mexico that has distance running as a big part of its regular activities, so members of that tribe have emerged to win some ultra-distance runs (100-mile races, for example). The author also spends a lot of time philosophizing about the joys & benefits of running like that. Good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom