Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Worst name in spam yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As my inventory grows and my email is out there more spammers are finding me in groves, but thats the price for whois and domaining, and thats fine.

Just ticks me off asking me to opt out of something I never opted in! I would also say they should really look at who they are spamming, I'm sure no enduser, and the name today OMG did it just suck, NO WAY worth reg fee, a buck even.

LOL I thought my business model and domains were bad!

Idiots like this really do hurt the business. I feel certain that if I contact an end user with a solid name priced very fairly and they had 10 emails last week with crappy names, my email will not be received in the light I would hope.....

Not something I seem likely to change, but little venting here with fellow domainers helps some.

mailing lists are legally supposed to be optin right? I sure dont mind someone sending me an auction for a name much like mine. It does seem less than idea to send me a name at $1k when my better name is priced at $250. It also seems silly to send me the same name everyday. But a real email with a decent price one time, damn that makes good sense to me. (in 10 years of DNering dont think I've had 3 letters of a decent letter and decent name written to me, and only sent once.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do unto others, as they do unto you....

spam them back with a list of your crappiest names

:)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The amount of domain related spam is out of control.
The worst offenders are the rogue registrars like bellnames aka backorderzone aka intrustdomains that exist for that sole purpose.

It does nothing to improve the bad reputation of our industry.
Very sad.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sadly they sent another one, least it didnt stink. It wouldn't be so bad if junk folder worked. Paypal and sedo is as likely to end in my spam folder as is real junk.

Well if tons of spam is worst part of my day....not a bad day. Still prefer no spam, but its not really as bad as all the calls I get about hosting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The worst offenders are the rogue registrars like bellnames aka backorderzone aka intrustdomains that exist for that sole purpose.

Very sad.

Those phucksticks now send out their crap dashed junk in the am daily, they used to do it throughout the day. How can we close them down?

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the past I was told the worst thing you could do is optout or reply. Now dont think its as bad now as it used to be, but this came from someone who knew more than most I met then or since.

There logic was a reply to a spammer, action from an emal address was, a live body on the other end of an email gave them more hope to spam that email.

I know of know way that can hide your email from spammers, that doesnt hide it from someone that might want to buy the name.

It also just struck me that the other day I was getting excited about the number of whois searches on some of my names, truth is decent percentage of that is spammers looking for us.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past I was told the worst thing you could do is optout or reply. Now dont think its as bad now as it used to be, but this came from someone who knew more than most I met then or since.

There logic was a reply to a spammer, action from an emal address was, a live body on the other end of an email gave them more hope to spam that email.

I know of know way that can hide your email from spammers, that doesnt hide it from someone that might want to buy the name.

It also just struck me that the other day I was getting excited about the number of whois searches on some of my names, truth is decent percentage of that is spammers looking for us.

Well, if your reply says "don't spam me", it doesn't really matter if they know whether you're a live body or not. They can't continue to spam you legally. They probably will, but at least this improves your case against them.

Just hope you're not up against a Davis Wolfgang Hawke.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Very sad.

I didn't know intrustdomains relied on spam.

I met someone from the company on DNcruise. Lovely lady she is. It struck me as a bit strange that she had no business cards and used a pseudonym in dealing with customers.

Do you have any example spam from them?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I didn't know intrustdomains relied on spam.

I met someone from the company on DNcruise. Lovely lady she is. It struck me as a bit strange that she had no business cards and used a pseudonym in dealing with customers.

Do you have any example spam from them?

What was the pseudonym?

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine really isnt that bad. The ones that are the worst they dont have an email you can reply to. I did write one back just now as they offered me a worse name than what I have offered at $9. What they sent isnt just awful but I didnt click on their offer because I dont want to reward them with traffic and I honestly have no interest in the name. List the other name they send me daily doesnt suck, but I am still not a buyer of the name at their levels. The fact they send me the same damn name every morning isnt logical to me.

Sadly I am a buyer of names, but of course dont tend to be enduser buyer. I would love if someone sent me decent names at fair prices, least they would be on the right path. Writing a wholesaler with junk names daily at fantasy prices just wastes time and space.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those phucksticks now send out their crap dashed junk in the am daily, they used to do it throughout the day. How can we close them down?
Icann has to take action.

It's the trick to spam with impunity, become a domain registrar because you obviously won't take action against your own domains that are reported for spamming and abuse.
Also they switch from one disposable domain to another at a very rapid pace and they always spam from different IP addresses.

The identity of the corporation behind this criminal operation is not a secret, look up BackOrderZone.com in google.
It is the epitome of the lawlessness that prevails in our industry. I'm afraid sooner or later the gov 'fix' it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom