Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Worst offer letter I ever received

Status
Not open for further replies.

apprentice

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of the offer letters I received, this must rank as the worst...

XXX is a company incorporated in 19XX, with a US$300 million annual turnover.

We have recently opened a representative office in Shanghai, and are keen conduct a substantial amount of business in China. To this end, we wish to have a Chinese website. Unfortunately, two domain names we wanted (www.xxx.com.cn and www.xxx.cn) have already been registered.

Would you be willing to give up the "www.xxx.cn" domain so that we could register it? Please get back to me as soon as possible with your feelings on the matter.
--------------------------
I am still try to figure out what they mean by giving up..:confused: especially after I told them I accept any reasonable offer.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
be careful... if they have copyright they may just be trying to bait you into trying to sell it to them so they can prove bad faith...

but nevertheless its a funny letter :laugh:

apprentice

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, they don't have TM on it. They don't even own the .com/.net , since the name is too generic for them to own any right to its TM, for eg orange.com (example only). Thanks anyway.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it is a generic and descriptive name , good for you. How about asking for just 1% of their turnover ? :razz:

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Tell them that due to the recent situation with SARS, all business contracts have been suspended until a cure is found :D

Y

_Yakov_

Tell'em you are willing to exchange your .cn on a good .com and let'em contact .com holders, may be someone will "give up".... :swg:

Y

_Yakov_

Well, I got an offer for rt.cn a month ago.
Someone from 163.com or (143.com) sent me an email stating:
"Hello
Is rt.cn for sale? We are interested in purchasing and willing to offer a GOOD amount."
Reply fallowed:
"Make an offer".
Responce received:
"$50"
Negotiations canceled... :laugh:

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by apprentice
Of the offer letters I received, this must rank as the worst...

XXX is a company incorporated in 19XX, with a US$300 million annual turnover.

We have recently opened a representative office in Shanghai, and are keen conduct a substantial amount of business in China. To this end, we wish to have a Chinese website. Unfortunately, two domain names we wanted (www.xxx.com.cn and www.xxx.cn) have already been registered.

Would you be willing to give up the "www.xxx.cn" domain so that we could register it? Please get back to me as soon as possible with your feelings on the matter.
--------------------------
I am still try to figure out what they mean by giving up..:confused: especially after I told them I accept any reasonable offer.

Ask $30k min

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom