Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Worth it? Interesting article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is somewhat old news, but very interesting nonetheless.
http://www.cmnn.com/news_display.php?newsID=177

It's about communicate.com and how they just bought 650 domains featuring the term "bound." So, for example shoppingbound.com, clothingbound.com, etc...

They have a system employed that looks almost painfully similar to SEDO. Each portal seems to have nice function, but I'm really wondering whether they will even earn enough to pay reg fees for the 650 domains.

That's a $5,000 + gamble upfront and then $5,000 + each year to keep the network going.

Any thoughts?

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but there are 650 portals to earn that money each year too, which they should be able to do 10 times over with to much problem.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They link all their websites to each other which will help them get their
sites indexed in all major search engines. I'm sure they will make good
money with their portfolio of "bound-domains" as soon as they receive
some traffic.

M

mole

Is there any natural type-in potential for such names? :huh: There is a full list of names on their site for their 'bound' collection but I still can't figure out what so appealing about 'bound'.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this "acquisition" was just about getting some press and keeping those clueless investors happy...

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well with a little venture capital you just might be able to build a brand around bound

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
G_Gekko said:
well with a little venture capital you just might be able to build a brand around bound

i highly doubt that thats what they are doing........ they have names like boxing.com brazil.com and a few others undeveloped.

wouldn't you develop those first?

this guys are weird. :evil:

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
boxing.com can easily be developed into an online gmabling site, where people can come and bet on large boxing fights worldwide, it has potential to make a million dollars. But instead they keep it undeveloped and invest in 650 portals with domains that more then likely not bring them a lot of money if any.

I'm going with Mike, these guys are weird.

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
didn't know about those other name.

Well then, maybe they just needed something that sound impressing to inverstors who doesn't know the business, capital they can use for other ventures.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
It's about communicate.com and how they just bought 650 domains featuring the term "bound." So, for example shoppingbound.com, clothingbound.com, etc...
I remember once seeing 2,000+ proxywhatever.com domains let expired all in a couple of days, meaning somebody has lost a 5-figure bet (or investment). ;)

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. It's a small amount of money for a company this size. I just don't see there ever being much resale potential in these type of compound words --"bound" or whatehver the term may be.

And, I don't see where the organic traffic will ever come from. Sure they can squeeze some out of the engines, but I really doubt that will make more than registration fee each year.

gariben said:
well.. that's peanuts compared with stocks/options/realestate.

For most people.. with the exception of few people and companies.. most people do it for hobby/side business

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gariben said:
well.. that's peanuts compared with stocks/options/realestate.

For most people.. with the exception of few people and companies.. most people do it for hobby/side business
Sorry, but I can't quite get your point here: your 2 sentences seem to be contradicting each other. :confused:

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
they have names like boxing.com:evil:

What a waste, they're even using "Travel" as the keyword :huh:

If they optimized boxing.com properly they would probably cover the registration cost of these 650 *bound.com registrations in a month or two.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom