Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Would you ask the seller to push the domain first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a question about buying from someone with no itrader. If you were negotiating a deal and the only payment method they wanted was PayPal do you think its unrealistic to ask them to push the domain and then you pay?

I am not comfortable paying for a domain especially via PayPal with someone I have never had a transaction with and someone that really has no feedback. I ask that they push the domain first and then I pay.

Just want other input.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In general the seller should take payment first then push the domain but as you say he has no TR I would ask for a verifiable phone number (not skype) and call.
Trust your instincts.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would you push a domain to someone before they paid for it?

It also looks like the sale is for a fair amount, I doubt people would be doing this with low priced domains. Maybe send some of the money, and the rest after the push? Maybe even insist on an escrow, even if you cover the fees?

Katherine also has a good suggestion with a phone call.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In general the seller should take payment first then push the domain but as you say he has no TR I would ask for a verifiable phone number (not skype) and call.
Trust your instincts.
Good advice, trust your instincts.

I have done this a few times with members here who I have dealt with in the past. Someone buys a name, I have all their push data on file, they post SOLD and I push it, knowing that they are going to pay. It has really caught a few people off guard, they are elated that I did that, and that in itself can build up relationships and trust factors.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked few zero itrader members here to push first, but can't remeber if even single person was willing to do it. I would use regular pp payment for goods (not masspay/gift) and chargeback it if something went wrong.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It does not matter if the name is stolen. They can push the name to you first and received the money.
Then the registrar will reverse the name back to the right owner after they found out the name is stolen.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like trust your gut, and dont risk what would hurt.

The only times I've been burned (and it wasnt here) was when it seemed like A REALLY good deal. It wasnt insane deals, but better than you would expect, and it was.

Also length and type of membership matters, brandnew gold would worry me tad more....just sum of all parts.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an added layer of security you can always pay with your credit card via PayPal and initiate a chargeback if you get scammed (that being said I am not sure if it would apply to digital goods you would have to check with your bank). But like said above, trust your instincts. I can usually smell scammers from a mile away.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a question about buying from someone with no itrader. If you were negotiating a deal and the only payment method they wanted was PayPal do you think its unrealistic to ask them to push the domain and then you pay?

I am not comfortable paying for a domain especially via PayPal with someone I have never had a transaction with and someone that really has no feedback. I ask that they push the domain first and then I pay.

Just want other input.

less than $500 but they have more time here than you and more posts, i would probably pay them first.

why?

why would they risk membership for not completing the deal?

have you read thru their past posts/threads?

did you ask if they ever sold any names before, for references if no trader ratings?

maybe itrader is not important for them

newer members maybe looking to build itrader, so somebody has to do biz with them.

is their PP verified? (lol no pun intended)

but in general, i'd say no

probably just pass on buying if it didn't feel right.

now if they offered to push first, to make it more enticing... then i mite bite or it may make me ponder.

imo...

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com - for low transactions - it cost $25 extra but that it the cost of doing business for this person...they either accept that extra $25 or not...and move on.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice!

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With your trader rating at 100% on 101 transactions, they shouldn't worry about pushing a domain before payment.

If it's a big enough amount, use Escrow.

For small amounts of $$, if nothing looks fishy I've paid first before receiving name here.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would never push or transfer a domain without first receiving payment, I think it's a foolish business practice that only invites trouble, If it was a crappy domain or a domain valued at less than $100, I'd probably make an exception.

If you don't trust the seller enough to transfer the domain, why should he trust you? because you have a good ITrader rating? That's almost like buying an item on Ebay and asking the seller to send it to you without payment because you have great feeback, Do you think he would do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom