Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Would you ever buy fake traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes or no? The assumption is that you know that the traffic is 100% fake, but it all comes from different IP addresses.

If yes, how much would you pay? Why would you buy it?

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it comes from unique IP Addresses, is it fake? I'm really confused by this whole buy traffic thing.....

Thanks

Dean

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Traffic is considered fake if nobody sees the page that traffic is being sent to.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't really see any positive reason to use fake traffic. Your server will only slow down for real users, and you will use up a bunch of bandwidth. Isn't fake traffic much like dos attacks?.

RMF

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well bandwidth wouldn't be used because the page wouldn't actually be loaded. There would just be a request for the page, but none of the graphics or texts are downloaded from the server.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In short, No. What's the point?

Cheers
Rob

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend any member use fake traffic to try to add value to their domains. In fact, management would take this as a serious offense.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I would not recommend any member use fake traffic to try to add value to their domains. In fact, management would take this as a serious offense.
yeah..

thats not allowed here.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we just had a member get banned for doing that type of thing...

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I made a poll using a bravenet counter for each site set on uniques/day.
Some guy fudged past it and registered 10,000 votes.

People offer free trials of traffic, you can check the header info, they forge
the IPs but often it shows up as all the same OS version.

I guess if you had a chatroom or forum or something you could run a process
to keep the visitor stats up. I modified my chatroom to add 1 to the user count,
more people log in when it says THERE IS 1 USER IN THE CHAT Vs 0 users.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:

I am sad regarding this matter. I hope the board will help me.
Recently i bought a domain from the Traffic Sales Forum, wise1host.com, at this sales thread http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=51070

From the stats, given that this domain have approx. 100 unique visitor, i paid $150 for it.

After parking, I realise this domain have fake traffic, please take a look at the stats in my server, stats.ipromise.info/wise1hostcom

For the 1st few days, indeed there are over 100 visitors daily, but is it from some dirt cheap traffic program (check the referer website). from the 6th day onlwards, the real traffic began to emerge, only 5-10 visitors daily.

This domain is sold by a fellow platinium member, iPBFree.com
I thought he should be a trusty person since he has been in this board for quite some time. I have PM him a few times if he would refund me the money for this misleading sales, i will not speak out to the board. But he refuse. I am disappointed that he actually trying to sell a fake traffic domain.

May i ask, how can the board help me since i bought this 'traffic domain' from the Traffic Sales Forum which suppose to have real traffic domain.

maxf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry :(. I was just thinking in terms of POSITIVE things that could come from it. And I don't know any, so that's why I asked. I would never use fake traffic to boost the value of a domain. Dishonesty is the worst possible thing when it comes to buying/selling online. I hope that you all realize that I would not EVER use fake traffic for any harmful or dishonest reason.

Also, I'm very sorry about what happened to you, Skylight. That's pretty aweful.

register

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
we just had many members get banned for doing that type of thing

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And it's still counting.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone wants to by fake traffic to increase their own domain stats for themselves it's not THAT bad. When someone does that with the intention of ripping someone off that is fraud.

We cannot and will not tolerate that type of member here and I wish them luck on other boards.

iPBFree.com will now be suspended until the money owed is repayed and an apology written to skylight.

-=DCG=-

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
If someone wants to by fake traffic to increase their own domain stats for themselves it's not THAT bad. When someone does that with the intention of ripping someone off that is fraud.

We cannot and will not tolerate that type of member here and I wish them luck on other boards.

iPBFree.com will now be suspended until the money owed is repayed and an apology written to skylight.

-=DCG=-
What's the point of increasing your own domain stats?

- Jordan

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:

-=DCG=-

Adam

This is the correct thing to do with IPBFREE.com. This sounds awfully familiar to how another situation was handled a few months back. I'm glad that at the end of the day, you and the new leadership are making the calls. I most warn ya thou, becareful as you might get banned. hehe... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheeky: :cheeky: :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom