Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would you recommend your Go Daddy account manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I reached enough names in my account w/GD they assigned an account manager. I had high expectations he'd help me monetize domains. He was a nice guy so there were never any personal issues with him. I thought I was appreciated as a customer given what I've spent on GD and even more importantly, all the money I've lost w/them

Instead, I found he and I just could not work together, he wanted me to try (pay for) GD products like hosting and servers and he was clearly under pressure to "sell". They all are, big time. I also found if I didn't do what he wanted he'd get upset and begin to ignore problems I had he could've easily resolved, he simply did not resolve my problems at the end, he did not care about keeping me a satisfied customer. Account managers also like to do all transactions for you themselves since they apparently get credit for volume. What also threw me off was once you're w/an account manager GD Support will just not deal with you, I contacted GD two separate times for important matters and was told by two different reps I'd have to wait until the next day my manager was there which could be 3 days away. Or that at least I needed to deal w/that specific dept during opening hours which is only until around 9 PM or so and probably worse on weekends. I never even got an answer about what prices I'd get thru him which I cared about and kept asking

Before they assign somebody else, can members tell me what their experience w/their manager has been as far as sticking up for you and looking for your best interest ? Monetizing domains is my main objective, some managers may specialize in that, although I assume they'll only recommend GD products, programs, extras, etc for this. I know there's no perfect manager and I am aware their loyalty is with Go Daddy and not with the customer. If you believe otherwise you're naive. But at least I want someone who can try to be fair and won't just leave me hanging here when I have problems.

Also, any managers to avoid ? You can PM me the names if you don't feel comfortable posting here (I don't want to mention his name beacuse what he did/did not do doesn't amount to enough for me to start a campaign against him, I'm disappopinted but not actually mad)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

the real blinder is... that gd assigned you an account manager.

i've never needed an account manager at any other registrar to handle an issue

it's a false sense of "pedestalism", which means they try to make you feel special, above other users.

but in reality, you ain't getting no more service or services than i would without one.

this is only my opinion and i'm sure someone may dispute

:)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

this is only my opinion and i'm sure someone may dispute

:)

DTVS is available through your account manager.

Unpublished discount codes are as well. Or just send them a list to renew, and they'll take care of it. Other little things as well that don't come to mind right now.

You don't *need* to use the services a rep can provide, but they can definitely be useful.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had high expectations he'd help me monetize domains.
Do you seriously think someone is going to monetize and optimize your domain names? Honestly, sure...some will give suggestions. But unless you have some primo generics laying around that monetize themselves, you need to put that effort into it and it does take work.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is an account manager?

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just ignore. Every email/call is an upsell. No time to waste...give me something I actually need or STFU. :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John, I have never found my rep offer and discounts that I was not able to get myself either with DDC or coupons. The only perk I see being a VIP member is the VIP phone support. You get an agent who actually knows about GD's products and can remove 60 day holds when needed.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John, I have never found my rep offer and discounts that I was not able to get myself either with DDC or coupons. The only perk I see being a VIP member is the VIP phone support. You get an agent who actually knows about GD's products and can remove 60 day holds when needed.

I renew about to expire names monthly and send him the list to renew. Always get discount pricing.
I am not sure how it works internally with GD - May be it depends on how many names do you have with them and how many you renew monthly?

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. ;) I usually do them as they come up instead of bulk renewing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom