Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Would YOU register this .biz (Overture 500,000 +)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wordplay

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've discovered a highly commercial, two word .biz with an Overture score of 560,000. I'm trying to get a feel for the practicality of registering a .biz for resale... even one with these kind of numbers. Is .biz now a resident of the Wanna Be Extension Club (along with .cc, .ws, etc)? Or would you register a .biz for resale? Thanks.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not a .biz fan, most aren't.
But some are.
For resale, it's PROBABLY worth it.
Can't Guarantee though.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
reg it!

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they recently closed the "Wanna Be Extension Club", and re-opened it as the "Develop Your Domains" club. It's right over there next to the "Content is King" Cafe! :cheeky:

Half a million searches last month? Why are you asking? :wink:

WebCat

PS--> if you decide you don't want it, PM it to me. I'll reg it and send you 100 F$ as a consolation prize!

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
shit, for $5 reg the damn thing! A $5 gamble is sounds worth it with overture numbers like that.

Its probably better suited for development rather than resale, but then again, if the right guy wants it, then sell it. So slap it up on all the reseller sites and give it a go. If 6 months from now you havent sold if for your asking price, then consider developing it, but make sure you get do some good SEO to help take advantage of those good search numbers.

And if you are going to try selling it first, park it yourself, dont redirect to sedo or whatever. Put up your own page with an appropriate title for what you think the site is perfect for, add meta-keywords, h1 tags, etc.. Then in the middle of the page, list it as for-sale with some contact info. You might as well let it gain some search engine placement while it is parked.

Rob

PS. Gonna tell us the domain, after you reg of course?

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
REG

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nope, i would pay back ppl i owe first ;)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reg it don't pay attention to the comie propaganda.

wordplay

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I really appreciate the feedback.

I asked the question primarily to get a feel for the current .biz market. I will be registering the domain ASAP... unfortunately my PayPal has nothing but spider webs and moths in it right now :)

And yes, Rob... I will post the domain as soon as I register it (or if it's taken by someone else).

M

mole

It's impossible to make any opinion here unless you tell us the name. Overture can come up with some pretty ridiculous high numbers for crock 2 word combos.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
It's impossible to make any opinion here unless you tell us the name. Overture can come up with some pretty ridiculous high numbers for crock 2 word combos.

I agree. I remember once registering a domain name for some weird search terms where Overture said it was search for 500,000 times. The next month, they didn't even have it listed. I never did recieve one single visitor, and this was a .com!

BTW. if you want a second opinion, why not go to wordtracker.com. They tend to put things in a little more perspective.

wordplay

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
BTW. if you want a second opinion, why not go to wordtracker.com. They tend to put things in a little more perspective.

Funny you should mention that. I had done that about a week ago, and it only gave the term 350. Discouraging, to say the least... but an excellent lesson.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:

Yeah, and unless you're searching for the extension too; the % of those coming to your site are low --even if it were .com or .net.

But like everyone says... for reg-free only... what does it matter?

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
350 at wordtracker isn't too bad tho really, I would say reg it on that figure.

wordplay said:
Funny you should mention that. I had done that about a week ago, and it only gave the term 350. Discouraging, to say the least... but an excellent lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom