Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WOW I'm shock at my Alexa rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.....

How does Alexa get their ratings anyway, it showed my arcadegamester.net arcade at 5,243,096 rating.

At frist I thought it must be the wrong url or some thing, but it is my arcade site. It also has 121 index links, on it's search engine for my site. MSN, yahoo, alltheweb, altavista all have me in their search engines as well.

But google has not got me in their search engine yet, nor any of them to use googles search engine. Google robot checked out my site the other day, does that mean google will add me soon ?

I'm thinking the alexa rating, is counting all page served or some thing is that right ?

At any rate so far I made a big .23 cents from google so far, so I need to work on getting people to click on ads I guess. Is the alexa rating on my arcade good, for having it up from april 13 and not spending any money to get vistors. Thanks! Tim

http://www.alexa.com/search?q=arcadegamester.net

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=arcadegamester.net&url=arcadegamester.net

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5 million on alexa is not really something to get excited about, about 10 uniques a day will get you that rating. In case you don't know how t works , the lower the better , in other words 10,000 alexa would me a monster.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh I did not know that, but that is why I ask. I got 313 uniques from april 13 till today, that is why I was shocked at the alexa rating.

Hopefully I'll start getting more uniques, as I keep exchaging links with other arcade sites. I only got 21 links exchanged so far, I want to get that number to over 100. I noticed some hits from them already, and some have not added me to their links yet.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
keep at it , best of luck on your new site.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about Alexa rankings...they are very unreliable and shouldn't be used to judge a site's traffic or value.

Keep working on getting links and you will be rewarded!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Alexa rankings...they are very unreliable and shouldn't be used to judge a site's traffic or value.

does anyone know another more reliable website for ranking websites other than alexa.com? thanks

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexa rating only works fine for sites under 10,000. Otherwise it is too much unstable.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tas38 said:
, so I need to work on getting people to click on ads I guess.

dont do fraud click in any circumstances, that might be the end of your career.
good luck

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would never do that, that would destory the domain name for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom