Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

WPvanityemail.com – WordPress Plugin to Sell emails @yourdomain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how long is the email address good for for the $140 or whatever that is being charged? 1 year?

Added
I guess looking at it from a consumer pov my concern would be that I rent(?) calgary at limo dot ca and use that email for my business.
Someone offers you 80k for limo dot ca and you sell it. The email that I have tied to my business is now a pain because I have to find a new one and get the message out to make sure people with my calgary at limo dot ca, that I bought from you, get my new email address.
I guess I am thinking that there might have to be some kind of committment to insure the renter(?) that they can have confidence in their email not going away after a year or whatever.

I do see the potential but I also see there being a few possible glitches.

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Ian....Sorry....not a problem with the plugin itself...I was pretty sure it would be in the WP repository.

I am referring to the potential issues as a consumer buying an email address and then the domain owner gets an offer to sell the domain...that is where the potential for issues present themselves. The person buys the email address from the owner of the domain... and then the domain owner sells the domain on....

Last edited:

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree somewhat, I guess morally you should disclose to the "buyer" that you have resold email address and that as part of the deal they be maintained for the final duration (1yr from registration) and it would be up to the "buyer" to decide yes/no if he would continue

I guess the important part would be to "blacklist" names that you will never sell or you forecast what the "new" owner may want

It does leave the EndUser helpless, so i imagine if the email address was "mission critical" for the end user they would buy the domain :)))

~ian

Last edited:

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OFFER TO DNF Members,

If you would like to try WP VANITY EMAIL simply PM me and
I will reply back with the DOWNLOAD LINK + a Registration code good for one site

All that is required is that you have a functioning Wordpress site

here is a screenshot from Archive.org showing my Sunderland.ca domain, I was selling Vanity Emails back in 2003

View attachment 1219

Last edited:

enterpryzman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually have multiple WP sites and am considering this, it sounds interesting. Do we as the admin have the ability to place ads in the email header or ??? I would like to try it if your offer is available. Should I find it would work for me, I will then purchase multiple site rights.

Thanks,
Enterpryzman

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good News Folks, the WP Vanity Email plugin will be available in the Wordpress.org Directory tomorrow

I appreciate all those folks that took me up on the TRY BEFORE YOU BUY campaign, I gained valuable feedback and have some exciting changes and features upcoming, So I have now closed the TRY BEFORE YOU BUY campaign!

Once the plugin is in the directory at Wordpress this will allow for seamless upgrading

thanks to all that participated

~ian

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Neat product. :)

Quick questions: how would users check their email and what about spam, scams, viruses, etc?

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Tia,

Most end users choose to add the new email as an alias to their existing gMail, Yahoo Etc
They can also add it as a pop account and use outlook if they wanted as well, the instructions are spelled out in the "auto response" sent upon registration

- Implementing a NewUser TOS that is a requirement during registration,
- Most paid accounts should be free of misuse, you can get a free one to cause problems

I prefer to let the gMail, Yahoo guys do the "heavy lifting" so i will provide in the TOS, (act up - terminated - no refund)

~ian

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks,

The latest version 2.7 of WP Vanity email is available for a 10-day trial at the Wordpress Repository http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-vanity-email/

it contains the Subscription button

NOTE: WP Vanity Email is on some high profile sites Witchcraft.com - Gary.com - Phoenix.org and a host of other sites

~ian

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New Affiliate Program at WP Vanity Email
http://www.wpvanityemail.com/affiliate/

Join our Vanity Email for Wordpreess Affiliate Program and make money. We supply all the tools you need as an Vanity email Affiliate and handle all the fulfillment details, such as order processing, online delivery, billing, and your compensation. All you have to do is talk to your customers — and make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom