Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.ws name non-transferrable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm told by godaddy that .ws names are non-transferrable among registrars, is that true?

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh.....really !!

why ?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It'a a major negative toward buying WS names. I believe it is also so with TV names. I only have a few WS plus a couple TV's and all the transfers failed marked non-transferable. That really sucks if they are with a high priced place or you want to consolidate your names as I am doing.

furan1

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
It'a a major negative toward buying WS names. I believe it is also so with TV names. I only have a few WS plus a couple TV's and all the transfers failed marked non-transferable. That really sucks if they are with a high priced place or you want to consolidate your names as I am doing.

Godaddy can transfer .tv, You can try it.

goddess

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yep, that's why we dropped some good .ws dom's they were stuck at Godaddy

I'll never develop a name under GD control

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd rather have .ws stuck at Godaddy than anywhere else - best price available as far as I can see.

goddess

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Personally I'd rather have .ws stuck at Godaddy than anywhere else - best price available as far as I can see.

There's class actions brewing against GoDaddy for theft of domains and open criminal investigations due to several companies filing criminal complaints in AZ against GoDaddy for theft of domains.

Anyone that operates a domain site can easily lose use of their name if you use Godaddy, it takes literally one email to Godaddy complaining about either use of a web site or spam to get your domain pulled, you don't even have the right to defend the complaint.

List any domain name you want registered with Godaddy, it can be taken down within one day by one complaint.

GD is absolutely the worst registrar in the world if you operate a domain. Listing parked domains is even dangerous, someone can say your name was sent to them unsolicited in an offer to sell and they'll pull the name.

Just look around the net for Godaddy class actions and you'll see.

I know someone that put a domain name at GD after almost 10 years at network solutions, he runs a legit opt in email list, his famous site got a threat of shutdown from one email complaint. He's suing them now. His lawyer is forming the class action against them.

You couldn't pay me to operate a web site registered with GD.

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
wow, is it true for what goddess say? where's the source we can check?

goddess said:
There's class actions brewing against GoDaddy for theft of domains and open criminal investigations due to several companies filing criminal complaints in AZ against GoDaddy for theft of domains.

Anyone that operates a domain site can easily lose use of their name if you use Godaddy, it takes literally one email to Godaddy complaining about either use of a web site or spam to get your domain pulled, you don't even have the right to defend the complaint.

List any domain name you want registered with Godaddy, it can be taken down within one day by one complaint.

GD is absolutely the worst registrar in the world if you operate a domain. Listing parked domains is even dangerous, someone can say your name was sent to them unsolicited in an offer to sell and they'll pull the name.

Just look around the net for Godaddy class actions and you'll see.

I know someone that put a domain name at GD after almost 10 years at network solutions, he runs a legit opt in email list, his famous site got a threat of shutdown from one email complaint. He's suing them now. His lawyer is forming the class action against them.

You couldn't pay me to operate a web site registered with GD.

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
who or what's 'nuff'?

goddess

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
nuff said

I'm on a handful of opt-in email lists, there are many legit lists on the net, if any such list is run on a domain with a GD reg'd, they can be pulled with no notice

nuff said

also, if you run a site with controversial info, say it's abortion or whatever, anyone can complaint to GD and say they don't like you info and are offended and GD can pull your site, read their TOS, it's a joke

tmscheng

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
goddess said:
I'm on a handful of opt-in email lists, there are many legit lists on the net, if any such list is run on a domain with a GD reg'd, they can be pulled with no notice

nuff said

also, if you run a site with controversial info, say it's abortion or whatever, anyone can complaint to GD and say they don't like you info and are offended and GD can pull your site, read their TOS, it's a joke

people compalin with GD and it'll just pull down the site or cancel / confiscare the domain together? if it's just pulling down the site, can find other registrar to host?

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
I get mine at $7.99 each, at DynaDot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom