Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.WS Registry Error / Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mencus

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I received an email from WildWestDomains informing me that .WS had made a registry error and that my domain would be seized.

I have been the legal registrant of *****.WS for over 2 months and purchased it from the original registrant who registered a couple of weeks befoe that.

I have posted this message on a couple of other prominent Domain Forums and am finding that this has happened to quite a few people. So, now I am posting here to see if anybody else has been affected by this.

What I dont understand is, how could it take soo long before they realised that an error had been made? And how did they determine the legitimate owner without contacting myself or the owner before me?

It has recently become apparent (after speaking with other forum members who are involved in this registry error) that the new listed registrant is REGCOM.

What makes this even worse is that I have spent considerable money developing the domain in question so it isnt just an issue of losing reg fee.

Do I have any rights? Has this recently happened to anyone else? Al help appreciated.

Regards,
Marcus

Redleg

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you have an update on this case?
(I'm one of "the other forum members" you're talking about.....)

Do any of the DNForum members know what registrar REGCOM is by the way??
I can't find any info about them...

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yet another reason in the long list of reasons to avoid .ws names, it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom