Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.ws Tranfer Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a .ws domain on a Godaddy Reseller account (Registermate) and I want to transfer it to my Godaddy account, but I don't see where they take .ws transfers. Is there a way for me to get this name transferred over to my main account? Could they do it over the phone?

muzie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Godaddy a few days ago on a .ws question and was told that at the moment .ws is non transferable between registrars. At some point in the future they may open that up and create an authorization code like .org has. I am not sure if they consider what you want to do a name push between accounts (since its a reseller) or a transfer between registrars. Best to give them a call.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard in the past it wouldn't be considered a push, but I am going to give them a call.

muzie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are correct--let us know what they say!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No can do - .ws cannot be transferred even from a GD reseller to GD.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The registry really needs to address that. I think they should have accepted the transfer ability along with their purchase of the ccTLD rights. They want the benefits of the sale, but not the responsibility of the services normally expected.

Until then, I think it's best to check who the .ws domain is regged with. Some places such as Enom hit you up for some very high renewal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom