Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

WTF Conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sf05

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just moved about 50 or so domain names I have over to Sedo for parking purposes (never parked these domains prior to this) and I've had 48 visits in 3 days but NO clicks. 0% CTR.

Granted, I haven't used the "optimizer" tool yet or even switched any of the landing pages (I am using the default landing page).

So my question is, what do I need to do? Is there a landing page that works best? do you guys have tips on how to use optimizer?

Thanks from a parking newbie.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Welllll.....first off, 48 visits for 50 domains in 3 days is rather low traffic to begin with.

I prefer the Phoenix Blue lander with selected images.

sf05

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are domain names that were just sitting in my godaddy account for future resale purposes, these aren't domain names that I would consider as heavy type-in's. But why just let them sit at godaddy so they can get the revenue?

My point is that 48 views and no clicks is a problem.

Thank you for the recommendation.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have names that get hundreds of hits a day with no clicks

sf05

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CRT in parked is not very high , but its CPC is pretty good. One of my domains receive 220 uniques when I park in sedo and earn 0.18 euros . When I move to parked , it only receive around 20 uniques in the same period , receive 1 clicks and earn 1.3$ .

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agreed the traffic is low, but you should still try to convert it....Research what type of traffic it is and optimize it accordingly.....Why are you using Sedo?, why not Parked?

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without even knowing the names it is impossible to make a jugment.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed the traffic is low, but you should still try to convert it....Research what type of traffic it is and optimize it accordingly.....Why are you using Sedo?, why not Parked?

True and this something I don't understand.. the more money part I'm ok with :D but why does parked.com always show less pageviews than other parking companies?

~MG

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True and this something I don't understand.. the more money part I'm ok with :D but why does parked.com always show less pageviews than other parking companies?

~MG

There are two main reasons why you show less traffic with Parked than with Sedo and maybe other places. First, Parked does not show bot traffic, whereas Sedo does. Second, Parked does not show RSS traffic, as it currently does not have any system in place to optimize it. They have told me that they currently have something in the works for RSS traffic, but it is not in place, so they do not show the traffic. These are your main two culprits. I don't know if there are other reasons.

Speaking of which does anybody know any parking companies that are good at optimizing RSS traffic?

Also, I don't think that Parked has a search template. All parking pages have that search box, but they do not yet have a Search template, unless I am mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom