Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WTF is really happening with parking companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernostudio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well seems that some parking companies are starting to jump ship from their yahoo feed ... check this out:

Dear XXXXXX,

We wanted to let you know we’re in the process of enhancing our monetization for your benefit. Specifically, we'll be ending our Yahoo partnership and willbegin working with an alternative Tier One search provider for all Parking Dots domain monetization. Based on our testing, we think the economics will be more beneficial for everyone involved in the Parking Dots service.

Transition:

-- As with most transitions, timing is always a challenge. We will be turning off the Yahoo feed this Friday, February 29, 2008. However, there will be about a one week to ten day delay before we can get the new provider's feed plugged into the Parking Dots platform.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yahoo is going downhill after their TQ (thieving quotient) implementation that has raped the PPC for payments. Also shareholders are suing Yahoo for not accepting the lucrative offer by Microsoft.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo is going downhill after their TQ (thieving quotient) implementation that has raped the PPC for payments. Also shareholders are suing Yahoo for not accepting the lucrative offer by Microsoft.

which is a shame, less competition is a bad thing

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked still doing well for me.

Too bad to those members that used parkingdots.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PPC is starting to take a hit, partially due to the poor economy, but also due to many other factors including click fraud and arbitration.

The most recent comScore (URL provided below) shows that Google's domestic paid clicks fell 12% (to 532m) compared to Yahoo's that went up 15% (to 242m since last year, 3% down since last month).

This is not unexpected and is likely to continue its downward trend for a while.

Google's share price fell down 6% recently to an almost 52 week low ($456.16).

Hard to tell how accurate the comScore is, especially since Google doesn't release these numbers but the downward trend is not surprising given the current state of our economy.

http://www.thestreet.com/s/bad-clic...wsanalysis/technet/10405030.html?puc=googlefi
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/technology/27google.html?ref=business

PPC won't disappear, but the next few months/years will definitely see a slow down in my opinion.

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with Luc above, as I have stated in other comments previously. Doc Com and I had a thread discussion about this a while back.

I have read that both the search engines and the ISPs are developing mechanisms to weed out irrelevant clicks. Not terribly new news, but the effects appear to be taking hold.

Also, we have a huge problem in reporting transparency at both the search engine/advertising provider level, as well as at the parking service level, which needs to be addressed.

SoCalBoy

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here... If PPC is taking a hit, it's certainly not reflecting in my stats.

I don't use arbitrage in the past, so after the changes of policy from yahoo. It never really affected me... I want it that way.

infernostudio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are lots of domainers that are not doing any arbitrage, including myself, but are still suffering from Yahoo's new rules (and other factors like Google not being so hot right now).

Yahoo's TQS system is crap ... unless we have a complete understanding on how this system works ... I don't think there will be much hope for the "little guys" with non-type-in traffic. It seems that they are still experimenting with their system, generalizing all traffic and in the process not really giving a crap about their publishers.

Guess we will see how it pans out, but I can't see it getting any better.

My portfolio is at 20% less REV for 8 days strait and 80% of my domains are highly search keyword type domains with high CPC. It's a huge change when your REV is at $300 - $600 less/day.

Time to think outside the box, and see what else can be done to bring that REV back up. Think I might just look into CPA and increase my affiliate portfolio.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw a huge decline at parked and hitfarm. Moved a few back to parkingpanel and saw a HUGE increase. Who knows, I don't think there's a set formula.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you aren't doing arbitrage, and your traffic isn't type in or typo traffic, then where does it come from?

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I park at Fabulous and Sedo. I believe both get the same Google feed. Have seen a definite dropoff at Fab. Sedo revs actually up a bit, but I think it's due to the fact that increased traffic is more than compensating for decreased CPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom