Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WWD backorder at $12? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

I am sure I have 1 domainalert credits. But when I backorder a .biz domain, it gives me this error:

Update Failure: XXXXX.biz is not available for Backorder.

Does that means the domain has been backordered by someone else already?

T

tekz999

ok, one more question. Lets say I backordered cool.com in godaddy, will it shows as unavailable to backorder in a WWD reseller?

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
ok, one more question. Lets say I backordered cool.com in godaddy, will it shows as unavailable to backorder in a WWD reseller?
Yeah of course, they are all the same ...GoDaddy, WWD, BlueRazor

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Peace said:
Yeah of course, they are all the same ...GoDaddy, WWD, BlueRazor

No. Not at all. At least not for ICANN and this is what matters when it comes to backorders. GoDaddy and WWD are separate ICANN-accredited registrars.

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ForumDomains said:
No. Not at all. At least not for ICANN and this is what matters when it comes to backorders. GoDaddy and WWD are separate ICANN-accredited registrars.
Yes we know GoDaddy, WWd and BlueRazor are different ICANN registrars, but they all are under one company (Go Daddy Group Inc.). Their backorder sysytem is the same for all 3.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Peace said:
...Their backorder sysytem is the same for all 3.

No, and definitely not.
You can backorder domain name from a GoDaddy account and still go and backorder that same domain name from a WWD reseller account! For BlueRazor I am not sure as their system in general is more deeply integrated into GoDaddy's.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I backorder a name from a WWD account, it's no longer available at GoDaddy. I don't know if the reverse is true.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the fact is:

when you backorder from any of them, it is not available in any either.

I knew it before, and just tried it right now for a multiple check.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you want to bother with the GD backorders. I've gotten frustrated with them when I've purchased blocks of them. Kills me when I have a backorder and they send me a "DomainAlert" saying the name is available, and then someone else regs the name over 1/2 hour later. I don't check my email every minute here to take advantage of that alert thing, but why the heck don't they just reg it instead of sending me a stupid alert notice?

Would love to hear an answer for that one if anyone knows.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
the fact is:

when you backorder from any of them, it is not available in any either.

I knew it before, and just tried it right now for a multiple check.

Hmm...
Have to check that again.

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IF it were available on one when backordering on the other, it would have been even more worth less than it is now. see, every registrar has a set amount of searches at the registry. If they cooperate they have more together. snapnames, pool, enom they have like each 10-20 registrars.. godaddy/wwd/bluerazor have 3 all in all. Given how big they are, you can understand their chance of getting your domain, especially as they don't know what domains are the toughest to get, is much smaller, than like snapnames that knows how many wants a domain, and can put more resources on getting that exact domain + they have a whole lot more registrars, + deals with network solution to even get the domain without it being deleted and given out to the public.

Now, this is really not godaddys fault. but if they want to compete with backorders, they need to find new ways, and co-operate with other registrars n the backorder business. Of course.. a lot of people don't know how it is and would think the backorders are the same. well, they are not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom