Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wwd Dnf

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
May i ask, actually this partnership with WWD is just for DNF Member to purchase domain through DNF at a competitive price?

Because it seems to me that there is little or not much benefit to sign up as a WWD reseller through DNF except the $10 off.

So the best deal from this partnership is just purchase cheap domain through DNF.

Sorry if this thread is not meant to be here. If so, please delete this.
I feel that this post is consider some sort of sales enquiry which many of us would like to know more.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You get a choice to get get $10 off to become a WWD reseller

or you can get the pricing that DNF is getting by entering the partnership with WWD( DNF's own WWD reseller account with the best pricing that you would not be able to get yourself unless you committed alot)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
skylight said:
May i ask, actually this partnership with WWD is just for DNF Member to purchase domain through DNF at a competitive price? Because it seems to me that there is little or not much benefit to sign up as a WWD reseller through DNF except the $10 off. So the best deal from this partnership is just purchase cheap domain through DNF. Sorry if this thread is not meant to be here. If so, please delete this. I feel that this post is consider some sort of sales enquiry which many of us would like to know more.

This is a very important issue and should be dicussed. Today I spoke to an executive at WildWest and asked if I can sell com's at the same price as my buy rate (with no minimum markup above wholesale as they now mandate), so I can compete a little better with DNF. It's not surprising they said NO and would not give me a better retail price than the now high sounding $7.85.

The really surprising thing is they actually told me perhaps I should consider transferring all my names to the DNF reseller acct to take advantage of the lower rate thru DNF, and since my WHOLESALE cost if about .50c greater than the DNF RETAIL COST.

Isn't that the most amazing and absurd thing where I can get a lower cost going as a new RETAIL customer thru a 3rd party than my long-time relationship WHOLESALE cost using my own WW Reseller account! BTW, at the time I got my WW reseller acct 1-1/2 yrs ago WW assured me they had 1 basic wholesale price and no better deals for anyone.

Please note I am NOT critical of DCG and DNF on this issue as who can blame them for getting a great deal if they are able to do so, but am very disturbed and critical of WildWest/GoDaddy for allowing all their existing resellers to be undercut with lots of lost business, of which they they told me an estimated 100 or more resellers were also DNF members.

It's an an amazing example of the truth being stranger than fiction.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
This is a very important issue and should be dicussed. Today I spoke to an executive at WildWest and asked if I can sell com's at the same price as my buy rate (with no minimum markup above wholesale as they now mandate), so I can compete a little better with DNF. It's not surprising they said NO and would not give me a better retail price than the now high sounding $7.85.

The really surprising thing is they actually told me perhaps I should consider transferring all my names to the DNF reseller acct to take advantage of the lower rate thru DNF, and since my WHOLESALE cost if about .50c greater than the DNF RETAIL COST.

Isn't that the most amazing and absurd thing where I can get a lower cost going as a new RETAIL customer thru a 3rd party than my long-time relationship WHOLESALE cost using my own WW Reseller account! BTW, at the time I got my WW reseller acct 1-1/2 yrs ago WW assured me they had 1 basic wholesale price and no better deals for anyone.

Please note I am NOT critical of DCG and DNF on this issue as who can blame them for getting a great deal if they are able to do so, but am very disturbed and critical of WildWest/GoDaddy for allowing all their existing resellers to be undercut with lots of lost business, of which they they told me an estimated 100 or more resellers were also DNF members.

It's an an amazing example of the truth being stranger than fiction.

Adam already told you this forum is for technical issues and questions about WWD, not a place to post against WWD on what you think is unfair about the parthership. Once again, thread closed.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll take advantage of the cheap prices. I just bought 4 dotcom's for $28! Beats the $8.95 I was paying to enom ;0) Thanks!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
I'll take advantage of the cheap prices. I just bought 4 dotcom's for $28! Beats the $8.95 I was paying to enom ;0) Thanks!

Cool! :-D

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Im about to reg some myself :)

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
unholy1 said:
I agree, the only advantage we get are the cheap registration prices...but I'll take it and register some through DNF.

Actually there are a few advantages to being a WWD reseller:
#1 - I get good rates (sure I can always go to 1&1 and buy for less, but I do believe in service and WWD gives that in spades)
#2 - I have an automated website that people register their domains at 24/7. Along with selling hosting, email, SSL, and a mess of other stuff I am able to pay most of my mortgage (kinda nice when MY domains aren't moving so fast).
#3 - When I do sell a domain to someone it stays registered on my reseller account and I continue to make commissions off of them when they renew the name. This also leads to a lot of my other sales as well.
#4 - Any parked domains advertise my website, so that helps all aspects of my business.

I know a few WWD resellers who make their entire living off of their program. Sounds nice to me.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
halfacat said:
Actually there are a few advantages to being a WWD reseller:
#1 - I get good rates (sure I can always go to 1&1 and buy for less, but I do believe in service and WWD gives that in spades)
#2 - I have an automated website that people register their domains at 24/7. Along with selling hosting, email, SSL, and a mess of other stuff I am able to pay most of my mortgage (kinda nice when MY domains aren't moving so fast).
#3 - When I do sell a domain to someone it stays registered on my reseller account and I continue to make commissions off of them when they renew the name. This also leads to a lot of my other sales as well.
#4 - Any parked domains advertise my website, so that helps all aspects of my business.

I know a few WWD resellers who make their entire living off of their program. Sounds nice to me.

True, a WWD reseller account has many advantages as you have pointed out and I did not say otherwise.

My point is as DNF members, the only benefits you would get from the WWD/DNF partnership are
1. the $10 discount, which i would not consider much of a benefit since $10 is not even enough for my lunch, and
2. the $6.95 domain reg fee through DNF

From that, I would only consider the $6.95 reg fee through DNF as the only benefit. Although you can get it from other registrars for slightly less, it's not always easy pushing domains from them, unlike WWD or Enom which makes pushing domains easy.

As for the $10 discount, like i said i would not consider that an advantage...

I just wish WWD improve their drop catching service...i still have my 5 pack and having no luck from this service...

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something more than $10 off would be nice.

Or the ability to lower domain prices more than is standard.

Think'll I'll wait and see what happens :)

jsf78

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I am already a reseller for them, could I switch to this plan?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
Something more than $10 off would be nice. Or the ability to lower domain prices more than is standard. Think'll I'll wait and see what happens :)

I already asked 2 officials at WW by email and phone if I could offer lower retail prices below the mandated minimum retail for com's of $7.85 and they said no for myself (and apparently all other 'normal' WW reseller accounts).
WildWest requires its resellers to offer a minimum retail price including the resellers own profit/markup.

P.S. Of course, a big advantage to your own WW reseller acct is that you have control over your portfolio rather than a 3rd party, and it is possible (but tough) to make some $ too. Plus, look at the cool well done website they give you to add to your list of developed websites. It really is a good deal for $89.

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jsf78 said:
If I am already a reseller for them, could I switch to this plan?

I am sure they would let you get a second plan at this rate. i know a few resellers that have multiple plans. It lets them set different prices based on whom they are marketing too.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
halfacat said:
I am sure they would let you get a second plan at this rate. i know a few resellers that have multiple plans. It lets them set different prices based on whom they are marketing too.

They specifically told me NO by both phone and email that the low retail price $6.95 com's are only for DNF. If you do not believe it call them yourself and see that it is so.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you have to offer to get a deal like dnf? I haven't really understood what benefit dnf is giving besides membership to this forum.. of course the forum $ are kinda cool.. :eek:k:

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Real: I was referencing the $89 sign up rate for a second account.

i am not certain on the $6.95 part. I do know that you can get an API through WWD and that the buy rate is $6.99 or $6.95 if memory serves. If thats what you are looking for then go with the API.

Personally I like the fact that I dont have to help my customers remember their passwords and handle all the billing crap. I just like getting the New Order emails that the system sends me everytime someone new or existing buys something from me. Its like X-mas just about everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom