Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

WWD sending out GoDaddy renewal notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljnetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just noticed that WWD is sending out GoDaddy renewal notices to my customers under my reseller account.. it links back to godaddy and everything, but you cannot login to godaddy with a WWD account... its like they're trying to move my customers away from my reseller account to godaddy... why??? I've already sent them an email... i had two renewal notices today, both from godaddy, however the domains are actually under an account with my reseller account!

Any other WWD resellers having this problem?

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you please make a screenshot of that renewal notice and upload somewhere. I am interested to see what they look like?
BTW, you can ask them for a compensation but you'll need proof. That is why you need to make the screenshot either!

ljnetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ForumDomains said:
Can you please make a screenshot of that renewal notice and upload somewhere. I am interested to see what they look like?
BTW, you can ask them for a compensation but you'll need proof. That is why you need to make the screenshot either!

OK, here you go :
gdwwd.jpg

The link in the email goes to : https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/myportal/default.asp?myid=1410747&pg=dom&prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=gdbb50

And a whois on the domain name shows that its under wild west domains and not godaddy.

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed something else. When your customers cancel a domain, it doesn't go back to registry, nor does it go back to your company. It becomes property of GoDaddy! with a godaddy park page :(

I'm hoping it's a temporary thing... is it :huh:

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
by the way, last time thjey sent out those godaddy advertisements to the customers, they paid you $1 for each mail you complained about :( I don't see why they do this, every time, all resellers complain... and it is against the reseller agreement

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because it is much cheaper! They pay Google AdWords and Overture more than $1 per click. So, why not pay for that absolutely qualified and absolutely targeted traffic $1 per visitor. We constantly monitor transferaway requests and should say that more than 50% of them are migrating to GoDaddy. This is the case also with the hosting accounts. Note that our prices are the cheapest possible for a WWD reseller!? :emba:

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finexe said:
I noticed something else. When your customers cancel a domain, it doesn't go back to registry, nor does it go back to your company. It becomes property of GoDaddy! with a godaddy park page :(

I'm hoping it's a temporary thing... is it :huh:

Out of my experience, nothing is temporary there!
The only way is that you immediately email WWD resellersupport and request that be fixed ASAP! And, of course, remind them from time to time...

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here..... I have an ISP which is using my platform and they fw me the renewal notices which came from Godaddy not My reseller Account ...

Later on they got renewal notices form a different WWD reselller !!!! But never from the correct one !
===================================

Customer Number for this Account: 11xxxxx

Dear Valued Go Daddy Customer,
This email is to notify you that some of your domain names are coming up for renewal in 90 days .......................

=====================================================
An Important Message from Cheap-DomainRegistration.com

Customer Number for this Account: 11xxxxx
Dear Valued Cheap-DomainRegistration.com Customer, ..............

===========================================

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The mess is growing!
Several weeks ago one of our customers informed us that their email inquiry to WWD support was responded on behalf of another WWD reseller! And since then we regularly receive such signals. I am very concerned about that.

ljnetwork

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like they're aware of it, and reckon they have fixed the problem:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Subject
Problem with renewal notice

Discussion Thread
Response (ROBERT W.) 02/22/2005 10:38 AM
Dear Lyndon,

Please accept our apologies for any emails that were mis-directed to your customers or may have contained the Go Daddy brand on them. This was purely a technical issue and we stopped the emails at the instant we noticed them being sent. Only a few customers received these emails with the incorrect branding. We have corrected the issue and rest assured, it will not happen again. Once again, please accept our apologies and certainly let us know what questions you have regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Robert White
Reseller Support

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy has done this 3 or 4 times before. If you search this forum you will probably find a few other threads related to this. Each time it is blamed on a technical error, but it continues to happen.

This really worries me because Domainut.com has over 10,000 domains registered and numerous members for other services

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that info, Lyndon.
I remain sceptical though, because last time we had similar issue we got same that assurances. They have assured us that they have made some physical separation of the servers! But that did not help... Only they know how many notices they have sent yesterday and today. Today we have 5x the usual number of transferaways! In 3-5 days if nearly all of them go to GoDaddy all will be quite clear.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have seperate servers from Godaddy BUT DB IS THE SAME. (that's the reason WWD interface is slower)
Try to open an account on Godaddy with a username u have on WWD...will not let u do this simply because the DB is the same....Imagine that they CHARGE u a transfer FEE when u transfer from GD to WWD (is a different registrant ..on papers yes, but actually is NOT) , the only trouble to them that changes is a Field value on the DB !!

Matrix1976

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
missedcall said:
(that's the reason WWD interface is slower)

God forbid they might get a system as fast for their ressellers as for them...the only reason they do this is because they dont want people to go to wwd they want them to go to godaddy...if you look closely, you will notice that there is many other things that are not as <practical> in the wwd interface compared to godaddy...pay close attention, and you will notice these little inconveniences....its quite clear that they diliberately do these things to make sure <no one> can offer a product/service that is at par with godaddy...bob parsons isnt rich for nothing...he has developed many good ways, like this email *cough* <bug>, to shaft his best customers (resellers)......i have no respect for companies like this and sincerly hope there will , someday, be a class action lawsuit for such practices against godaddy....

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ForumDomains said:
Out of my experience, nothing is temporary there!
The only way is that you immediately email WWD resellersupport and request that be fixed ASAP! And, of course, remind them from time to time...

Thank you, they solved the issue, and returned all domains back to our account. That was nice. :wink:

socalwebsites

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ljnetwork said:
Looks like they're aware of it, and reckon they have fixed the problem:

Subject
Problem with renewal notice

Discussion Thread
Response (ROBERT W.) 02/22/2005 10:38 AM
Dear Lyndon,

Please accept our apologies for any emails that were mis-directed to your customers or may have contained the Go Daddy brand on them. This was purely a technical issue and we stopped the emails at the instant we noticed them being sent. Only a few customers received these emails with the incorrect branding. We have corrected the issue and rest assured, it will not happen again. Once again, please accept our apologies and certainly let us know what questions you have regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Robert White
Reseller Support

I received one today with GoDaddy listed. Grrr....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom