Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

wwwdupont.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

proprom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, I bought the domain www.wwwdupont.com. I am looking for a sponsor to pay me per click. ANybody have good suggestions?

Btw, dupont is a town. :) not just a huge company.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by proprom
Btw, dupont is a town. :) not just a huge company.

You are obviously trying to attract visitors who are trying to go to www.dupont.com, and profit from them. Do you think that's a good thing to do?

proprom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not? If they wanted it, they should have bought it. If they want it, they can buy it. My lawyer says its not infrindging either.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... you might want to get a second opinion on the possible legal TM problems you could face.

I also have some trademarked names in my portfolio ... I just don't post them on public boards ... saying "look at me" ... "I'm trying to profit from someone elses's Trademarked name" ...

Shaun

proprom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay, I understand. Quick question, Dallas.com is not owned by the city of Dallas. You cannot TM a city's name. Dupont is a city in Ohio. So my thinking is there is no difference between wwwdupont.com and www.dallas.com.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check out here ...

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=rt2c17.1.1

enter dupont ... and you will find there are 136 TM's that utilize the term "dupont". I am not saying whether using it or not is right or wrong ... I'm not a lawyer.

I can say ... it doesn't matter if a company like Dupont is right ... they can spend you into the ground. My advice ... just be aware!

Shaun

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by proprom
Why not? If they wanted it, they should have bought it. If they want it, they can buy it. My lawyer says its not infrindging either.

You need to get a new lawyer, the one you have doesn't know what he's talking about. This is a clear case of "bad faith."

-Matt-

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agreed.... major TM Issue.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom