Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

xbox 360 - release tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it worth standing in line, to purchase some of these, speculating they will sell out before Christmas? If so, would you buy the core package, or the other one?

Domain Days 2024

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Despite the hype, Microsoft will ensure that people will be able to buy an Xbox 360 if they really want one. The whole 'limited' idea is just a bunch of hype so that people actually do panic and buy at the beginning, because they'd get some free publicity just from that.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would buy the deluxe package and every game at launch.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks like the XBox 360 is becoming the "hot" Xmas gift. In that case, it makes sense for M$ to give the impression that its not that plentiful.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OgieOgalthorpe said:
It looks like the XBox 360 is becoming the "hot" Xmas gift. In that case, it makes sense for M$ to give the impression that its not that plentiful.
That is exactly what they're doing ... trying to get everyone to order it now before it "runs" out before Christmas Day.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
run out, lol they have been making them for 6 months! I think they have over a million units from what I read..

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In any case, I don't believe I will go "camp out", however I will try to buy a couple in the morning....

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have two people in two seperate cities trying to get 5 each for me :)

I don't plan on going out that early though. Thankfully others don't mind :-D

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Despite the hype, Microsoft will ensure that people will be able to buy an Xbox 360 if they really want one. The whole 'limited' idea is just a bunch of hype so that people actually do panic and buy at the beginning, because they'd get some free publicity just from that.
Sorry Jonathan but 10 years as a b&m game retailer and I can tell you that in the past 10 years there wasn't a single system that was easy to obtain at launch. Since this is a christmas launch I expect that units will be even harder to obtain. I bet you see them on ebay getting $1k in December.

This is the truth despite the hype.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I just tried purchasing them at two different Walmarts, one was sold out within 30 minutes, and the other took about an hour. There's still lines outside Best Buy and Super Target. I've spoken with managers at both of these locations, and was informed that they only have 15 (Target) and 50 (Best Buy) units on hand. The customers outside both of these locations FAR exceed that.

I can't waste my time standing in lines hoping to purchase one. There's auctions at enom, snapnames, and pool closing in the morning... :)

nickb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can you not pre-order the xbox in the states. we've had xbox's on preorder since september so hopefully wont have to qeue. but rumour has it that there are more preorders for it than there are units being shipped before xmas (to the uk) so some people are goin to be disappointed.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Prices are already breaking $1,000 mark on ebay imagine what they will be closer to Christmas.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They've been going for $1500-$2500ish all day long on eBay. At those prices I'd say if you got one, or more, sell em and wait for round two. What's a few extra month of waiting? A few extra k, that's for sure. :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dmyre said:
Is it worth standing in line, to purchase some of these, speculating they will sell out before Christmas? If so, would you buy the core package, or the other one?

no

it ain't worth it

bill got yall all psyched up on 360

and the next hype is ps3

if they don't make hype......it ain't gonna seem so valuable or a "must" have item.

don't buy them now....wait until after christmas, and watch the prices go down.

uglypeoople.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
anybody here want to buy xbox 360 ....the core package version....i have 2 of them...trying to buy more...but they are all sold out everywhere!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
uglypeople.com said:
anybody here want to buy xbox 360 ....the core package version....
yes... but not for crazy eBay prices.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where were you able to get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom