Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

XP rules !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For as much crud as we give microsoft ..I have to admit ..XP is great.. you know I have had Front page 2000 open working on 2 sites.. one with over 55 pages and tons of graphics/icons/buttons, ..and I usually have anywheres from 3 to 15 windows open at a time for over week ! XP hasnt missed a beat..

I am debating on whether to close down and refresh or just see how long I can go before it finally crashes..

I've had XP for a few months now..

A

airnike764

Yea its pretty good but still a lot of problems with it

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sucked it up and bought a new computer yesterday. After always having them built for me I couldn't pass up the sale at a big electronics store chain. Anyway I struggled with it due to XP being the only OS anyone uses now in terms of big comp cos.
I actually am very impressed. I to have a ton of windows open, 2 browsers, photoshop, word, buttonmaker and no problems.
On the negative side I had to lose Download accelerator plus which can wreak havoc with XP.

Oh well I can live without it if I don't freeze up every 30 secs like I used to with my old system running ME.

I give XP an A-

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great I guess I have some bad experiences to look forward to. Oh well if worse comes to worse Ill just get another OS

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Build your own computer

2. Run Linux if you complain about windows. It's free (just like Windows :D )

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont know what version of xp your using but i have upgraded and never once had to call anyone about activation.

Originally posted by ozone
I HATE XP, WORST EVER... its all about 2000 if ur stuck with windows... xp doesnt let u do much... everytime u upgrade u gotta call them to let them activate ur stuff or watever and u can only do it 2 times! wtf is that!?

M

mole

Yup XP rules. You need to use Office XP so it rules better. And Window Media Series 9. Update and patch regularly, and it will rule forever!

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah i agree that XP is the king. The only one to use is XP Pro though! As for front page..... well i would'nt use it ever! Get Dreamweaver Ultra Dev or MX!

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have heard that 98 and xp is the best 2 os that ms ever put out,i use 98.i on average i might reboot once a month or ever two to three months,i even run a 30 dollar dualhead 2 meg video card,i hardly ever freeze up.

Something that will really help the freezing is,go to start and then run and type in msconfig and clean all the junk out of your startup,that is the only way to get it out of your startup,deleting from the task bar won't work.My system resources stay around 98 to 93 %,alot of people don't realize that when they download stuff alot of times it throws it in the startup, even if you don't see it in the task bar,and then it might be years before someone comes alongs and tells them how to clean it out.

There computer might be running about 30 to 40 % without even doing anything on there computer or the net.This is for people who do not know this ,im sure some of you on here know this ,but for those who don't.Just make sure to only uncheck the things you know you have downloaded, most of the things will be from c/programfiles,don't uncheck stuff that makes your computer run
I hope this helps especialy if your on dailup,thats when i would have to reboot 10 times a day sometimes

ps. to check your system resources right click on my computer go to properties and then click on performance

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't like XP, I use 2000.

You can't find Security tab in XP (NTFS Feature), even your HD is NTFS formatted.

Not suitable for pros, for MultiMedia PC and Home User. That's great. Not for me.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had no XP problems at all on a pentium chip and I use the heck out of it. I do have some problems with AMD chips only when I install new programs, I have to double reboot the system. Outside of that, XP has outperformed 98.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I run XP on an Athlon 1600 chip and it has been solid as a rock (been using it for over a year). It is an enormous improvement over Win98 (which I have on an older computer that crashes at least twice a day). For the first time in my computing life I have stopped cursing the operating system.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I reboot my Windows 2000 machine every 2 weeks. its running clean and optimized. Now 2 weeks may not be much for you guys, but, considering the fact that i am a software developer and am designing, developing, testing (and often crashing) everything from windows desktop apps to .net and asp projects, i say 2 weeks is fine. After 2 weeks of continuous performance, i reboot not because of crashes, etc. but simply to give my machine some time to relax for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom