Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.xxx Sunrise A: Anyone here participated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

did a sunrise AD reg and wonder how I do know that ICM successfully validated the txt file on the website of my grandfather domain?

Also: Different registrars have different instructions regarding UPPER CASE or lower case of the ".txt": GoDaddy says the .txt should be in upper case (.TXT) while other registrars say it should be in lower case (.txt). I simply have either now. But how to know whether the ICM bot "got" it? Because if he don't your application gets rejected! I ask myself why I can't trigger the identification myself, as I could with the phonecall thing! If I triggered it myself I could se the result live and in colour; but as it is I am walking in the dark.

Also: GoDaddy messed up majorly: When registering an AD .xxx with GoDaddy they automatically use your account default WHOIS data - without even bothering to ask whether you might want other WHOIS datas! Well, bad thing is my GoDaddy account runs on my one company and my grandfather domains are owned by another of my companies.

Thats vital since ICM reserves the right to refuse sunrise AD applications if the applicant and the grandfather domain owner identity is not identical! Talked to GoDaddy "support" for a staggering 40 minutes yesterday and they said I should contact ICM directly.

Cool. Knowing registries they will say: "Deal with your registrar". Registrar-Registry-Ping-Pong, and in the end my application goes down the drain.

Alexander

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It depends on whether your server runs windows or linux. The latter differentiates between upper/lower case; windows servers don't care about casing.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, GoDaddy's instructions are clear:
For example, if your .XXX Domain ID is D12345-XXX, your file name should be IPROTA_D12345-XXX.TXT (must be all UPPERCASE letters).

Another registrar said the opposite, he said the ".txt" shall me lower case.

Thats why I now have both versions on my server;
IPROTA_D111111-XXX.TXT
IPROTA_D111111-XXX.txt

Alexander

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

So, it's now past 16:00 UTC, the Sunrise AD is officially over!

Who has submitted registrations?

Alexander

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have submitted 3 names for the sunrise A period and we will see if anyone has gone for the same .xxx

I thought it quite interesting that the extended the sunrise rise period from the 28th Oct to the 31st Oct. So what's the reason? perhaps not many have applied or they could be in undated with applications, well we will see the outcome very soon.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe some registrars asked them to do so?

But I noticed that MANY registrars did not implemented the deadline-extension.

Has anyone here an idear how you know that ICM successfully found the ".txt" file on your server or in your DNS TCT file?

Alexander

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who is the most inexpensive registrar for the .xxx Landrush?

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am still trying to figure out whether the ICM bot visited my ".TXT" file. Found something in my logs:

"ec2-174-129-241-132.compute-1.amazonaws.com" visited nothing else than my "/IPROTA_D1122**-XXX.TXT" file. IN UPPER CASE (" ** " to anonymize my doman ID)! I had both up there: .TXT and .txt, and he went to ".TXT". Some registrars told you to use ".txt". Hmmm...

Did anyone of you had a similar visitor on their ".TXT"? Mine came within 24h after the submission of the application.

Alexander

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
after you finally get, whether it's supposed to be TXT or txt and catch a few .xxx's, how many will probably be dropped the next year?

that will be the question

remember when "X" was considered anti-premium, now folks can't wait to get some

sorry, have to call it like i see it

:)

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
after you finally get, whether it's supposed to be TXT or txt and catch a few .xxx's, how many will probably be dropped the next year?

that will be the question

remember when "X" was considered anti-premium, now folks can't wait to get some

sorry, have to call it like i see it

:)

Well, gay.xxx sold for a solid $US 500,000.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am still trying to figure out whether the ICM bot visited my ".TXT" file. Found something in my logs:

"ec2-174-129-241-132.compute-1.amazonaws.com" visited nothing else than my "/IPROTA_D1122**-XXX.TXT" file. IN UPPER CASE (" ** " to anonymize my doman ID)! I had both up there: .TXT and .txt, and he went to ".TXT". Some registrars told you to use ".txt". Hmmm...

Did anyone of you had a similar visitor on their ".TXT"? Mine came within 24h after the submission of the application.

Alexander

I dont quite understand what you mean by a .txt file. As far as i was aware ICM checked the whois on the corresponding domain name.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont quite understand what you mean by a .txt file. As far as i was aware ICM checked the whois on the corresponding domain name.

Boy, you lost your application. Or maybe it's still time to save it:

If you registered under the sunrise AD your registrar sent you an email providing you with your applicatuion specific "domain ID". He also has to instruct you in that email to place that domain ID at either the text part of the nameserver file (where you specify the TTL and all the other fancy stuff) or (in case you are not a fan of DNS tweaking) imbedded in an empty .txt file at the root of the webspace where your grandfather domain is routing to. The format is: IPROTA_D******-XXX.TXT with ***** = your domain ID.

Mine was checked at the 31st of Oct. I am not 100% sure whether they still attempt to check NOW.

Put it up ASAP and your applications might be saved. If you fail to do so you loose both: Reg fee AND application fee.

Hope I helped you with that info.

The whole stuff has only to be done if you applied for sunrise AD with grandfather domains.

See more info at an PDF issued by the third party evaluator of ICM: IPRota.

Alexander

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Arrrr, not a single email explaining that I had to add these files, nothing on the ICM registry about this process. I checked my spam, deleted and inbox, not a single email!

I have added the details now and we will have to wait and see if its processed.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you go to www.my-old-grandfatherdomain.tld/IPROTA_D123456-XXX.TXT (123456 must be YOUR domain ID, e.g. 112278), what happens? Do you see a blank page? Or do you get any kind of error message? Must be a blank page: The empty .TXT file.

If you are very lucky the robot checks till 5 days after sunrise AD closure. Then you are good.

Doesn't want to know how many peple failed here!

However: Did you also finalized your Adult Community Membership validation? Got a phone call where an automated voice read a number and you had to type it in? And whats up on the grandfather domains? Are they parked?

AlexS

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes,I got the phone call bit. That was all I was asked to do. My membership is valid and application pending.

Thank you for your help. :)

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes,I got the phone call bit. That was all I was asked to do. My membership is valid and application pending.

Thank you for your help. :)

Are your grandfather domains parked?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you did things right i believe it should say membership validated and application valid or something similar.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you did things right i believe it should say membership validated and application valid or something similar.

I have just checked my icm registry and all is ok:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom