Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.xyz in 2015

custardextract

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm new to domaining -- got curious about it while searching for a name for my new business. I'm wondering what you guys think about .xyz nowadays. Looks like there hasn't been any discussion about it on here since the abc.xyz thing (unless I'm not using the search tool right). I've read to stay away from them, but I couldn't help snagging goodfood.xyz for $1. I think that'll be it for me on .xyz though.

Last edited:

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont waste you time, the new extensions come out all the time and they all end up the same

I remember a few years ago when Google registered G.co, Twitter registered T.co and Amazon grabbed A.co and domainers went crazy with registering .CO names, look at the extension now

Stick to tried and tested extensions

Last edited:

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont waste you time, the new extensions come out all the time and they all end up the same

I remember a few years ago when Google registered G.co, Twitter registered T.co and Amazon grabbed A.co and domainers went crazy with registering .CO name, look at the extension now

Stick to tried and tested extensions

True indeed

usadomains

Register AT COST now Ask Me!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Xyz is good if u cant get .com just forward to your page. I got one for almost free. $1 i think. Great key words

custardextract

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can you explain that a little more usadomains? Like if i had freshapplesnewyork.com, you think it'd be good to register apples.xyz, for example?

usadomains

Register AT COST now Ask Me!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Exactly shorter the better for visual marketing and customers to remember. How many long .com names do you own?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom