Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yahoo 1Gb Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo plans to once again raise its free email storage, this time to 1GB. The rise in email storage matches the same email storage offered by search rival Google. The storage change is said to begin in late April for Yahoo's free email users, whose current storage mark is set to 250MB. Yahoo said that it will take about two weeks for their free email users to see the difference.

Yahoo's storage boost comes only one week after Google began giving Gmail accounts to random visitors of its homepage. The giving of random Gmail accounts has raised speculation of Google possibly allowing Gmail accounts available to the public on April 1st, one year after Gmail's beta launch. Yahoo's vice president of communications products, Brad Garlinghouse, said in an interview that the storage upgrade is not a response to Google's latest actions.

Yahoo will also offer anti-virus scanning provided by Symantec.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trying to catch up to Google, of course. I never did like Yahoo mail.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always used Yahoo mail so this is definitely great news! Not that I've ever been close to using up most of my storage, but I'm not going to complain about this change.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From 4mb to 100mb to 250mb to 1,000mb. All in the span of about a year...competition is good. ;)

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about Yahoo is it doesn't let me POP for free, unlike
gmail.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
davezan1 said:
The only thing I don't like about Yahoo is it doesn't let me POP for free, unlike
gmail.
It's about time to realize that if they want to be in TOP free email world, they have to be the best not second best.

Em

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
davezan1 said:
gmail.
Charging for such "premium" services is probably a better (long term) business model. It also forces users to use their portal more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom