Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yahoo! celebrates 10 years of existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's flabbergasting to realize that two geeky graduate students built one of the biggest media company in the world + one of the biggest brands in the world in under 10 years.

the growth was phenomenal, and the management was also special. it is known fact that in the very beginning those two guys were courted by a bigger company and they almost sold for 1 million bucks, but in the end decided not to. what a move it was :)

http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/

http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/founders.html

fini

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
will yahoo live to see its 20th birthday though? I somehow doubt it unless it does something pretty impressive soon.. this is in relation to yahoo the search engine rather than yahoo as a brand however...

fini

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yahoo....very smart people....but then again they did sell me clubs.com for 13k. i guess everyone has an occasional off day.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
yahoo....very smart people....but then again they did sell me clubs.com for 13k. i guess everyone has an occasional off day.

what did you end up selling it for? Or do you still own it?

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, we currently have a buyer who is exercising a lease-to-own agreement with us. in other words, he is paying it off little by little, and if he keeps on paying he has the right to eventually own the domain. i personally hope he pays for every single payment except for the last one, cuz then the domain would revert to my ownership. the chance of this happening is lower than my odds of winning the lottery, he would have to be reeeeeely dummm to do that.

i cant discuss the price because i havent gotten permission from the buyer, but i can say its significantly more than we paid for it, but probably less than its worth.

if anyone thinks its lame that i keep bringing up the one domain i got a really good deal on, i agree :)

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another dot dream come true... Hope the same happens to many DNF members and we get to celebrate the 10th birthdays of their successful business...

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameWolf said:
Another dot dream come true... Hope the same happens to many DNF members and we get to celebrate the 10th birthdays of their successful business...

except they got into it when only handful ppl were on the internet. today, the scene is completely sober and oversaturated, and is so much more harder to make a buck, let alone do what they did.

hey dragon, i never knew that yahoo was selling their domains. good story, great job.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't forget they own overture as well, so I very much suspect they will see it!

Best Regards
Nico

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yahoo is the ultimate portal, they have everything for everyone... who doesn't use one of yahoo's services from e-mail to search to business..... the internet would be a sad sad place without em

yahoo re-did their search engine few months ago, they are now crawling more web sites and the results are much better.. the same with their "directory" which they changed up just a couple of days ago..... it now displays the most popular/visited listings... its the best! and the introduction of the yahoo search marketing solutions is a great move to draw even more business

i'm pretty sure that yahoo has the largest global presence... more then msn and google..... they have been slacking past few years but 2005 has brought good things so far

go yahoo go! :eek:k:

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fini said:
will yahoo live to see its 20th birthday though? I somehow doubt it unless it does something pretty impressive soon.. this is in relation to yahoo the search engine rather than yahoo as a brand however...

fini
Search engine wise, Yahoo is catching up, with a faster pace.. They've the strategic resources and positioning to harness on, the internet search market is just too important for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom