Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yahoo.com - Review this Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impactadmin

Yahoo Small Business:

24-Hour Toll-Free Customer Service
User Friendly Domain Management Console
Private Domain Registration
Complete Domain (DNS) Control
Domain Forwarding

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo Domains = scammers! Do not use them for any reason.

I registered a domain through Yahoo in 2005 for $10 or so, and it would auto renew for that amount each year. When I created the Yahoo account it also gave me a [email protected] email address and they decided to send all notification there, which was an account I didn't want or use. I gave them my actual email address, but they didn't send anything there.

Last year they increased the renewal fees to $35/year (which is a total scam). I saw the charge on my bank statement and called them. I informed them that any notification of an increase in fees was sent to the wrong email address, and I refused to pay. After a lengthy hassle, he credited my account for $25 of the charge. I immediately transferred the domain to another registrar. This was a year ago, and I just got another notice from them that they are going to bill me $35 again this year! I don't even have any domain with them. I had to sign on and cancel my "service", and we will see. I really hope they don't follow through with the billing, I don't want to deal with them again. It is a major pain.

AVOID!!!!!! Any registrar is better than Yahoo. They just sell names for $8/year to new people that don't know what they are doing, then they renew at $35 and hope that they don't notice or don't know how to transfer. This is scam in my opinion.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I have explained in other threads several times already Yahoo domains operates on the same business miodel as 1and1.com where you pay a yearly cost for a so called "package" (1and1's term) regardless of there being a domain name in the package or not. Even without a domain they still bill you (and with 1and1 they refer you to a collection agency if you don't pay). I predict other registrars may implement that business model too.

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used 1and1 before too and they are also terrible. :upset:

What exactly does the "package" include if you don't even have any domains with the company? Billing someone when you are not providing them with any goods or services is unethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom