Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Yahoo Funny Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Public Service Ad? Or maybe a long term contract...

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
same thing on adsense , I get a ton of public service ads come up.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same thing on adsense , I get a ton of public service ads come up.

That's a different story. They do that when there are no relative ads to your content. In the Yahoo case, it's a seach and has nothing to do with content.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a different story. They do that when there are no relative ads to your content. In the Yahoo case, it's a seach and has nothing to do with content.

Have to differ with you on this Fearless , all my domains on adsense are in targeted popular categories and have plenty of relative ads at anytime , although I still get a lot of public service ads rotated in by google , it is in the TOS that they are going to do this but I didn't realize that much as they are.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have to differ with you on this Fearless , all my domains on adsense are in targeted popular categories and have plenty of relative ads at anytime , although I still get a lot of public service ads rotated in by google , it is in the TOS that they are going to do this but I didn't realize that much as they are.

The difference is Google tells you they do it.

pescayolas

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this might be the wrong place but let me know what you think, i have keyword that returns about 26,000 searches a month per overture on a low average, i set up an adwords campaign on jan 3rd its only returned 57 impressions month to date, it should be over 600, overture blames it on the weather, the weather does not affect all humans to that effect. any ideas?
btw, overture as we know it will be shut down in a couple of months

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another layer of Yahoo transparency has been removed. No more Bid Tool.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But I did recently here it will be back in a few months.

Donny

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed when you search "recruiters" on a Yahoo feed parked page Navy ads are #1 and #2. http://www.searchtiger.com/search/?s=recruiters

but on the Yahoo bid tool there are no Navy bids.

http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/se...ruiters&mkt=us&lang=en_US&Partner=userbidtool

Is Yahoo being charitable at our expense?

Another thing I noticed. If Yahoo is the top bidder on one of your one-click names, that name performs poorly.

TrafficZ does not just use Yahoo as CPC provider.

They use also other feeds, such as SearchFeed, and this explains the low bids on some keywords.

The reason is that Yahoo does not cover all the countries, and when a Keyword is not availlable on a feed, it could be on another (it's all about revenue...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom