Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Yahoo! Publisher Network Beta Program - Terms and Conditions violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleClick

.::Piramidé Aficionado::.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a good one:

Yahoo! Publisher Network Beta Program - Terms and Conditions clearly states:

Section 11, Abuse of Services.

You agree not to:
L . display all or part of the Ad Unit to any user located outside the US;

------

How do they propose that we do this? Block all countries from the web sites that display YPN advertising except users from the United States?

I live in Mexico and I visit CNN every day. While there I view YPN advertising.

It's kinda tough in the event of a termination from a program for a TOS violation and the only defense is "well you let CNN do it". It's still a TOS violation if I do it.

It may be a small thing, but this is grounds for termination from the program and I take a company's T&C pretty seriously.

I have e-mailed support about this sub-section rule. I haven't heard back.

Any advice?

Thx,

.::DC::.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ignore..... if a majority of your traffic will be foreign then that might be a problem but if you have some that is non-us, just a small percentage then that shouldn't be a problem.... no biggie!

DoubleClick

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
ignore..... if a majority of your traffic will be foreign then that might be a problem but if you have some that is non-us, just a small percentage then that shouldn't be a problem.... no biggie!
I thought so, but TOS is a major concern when you have major time invested.

Theoretically, every site which displays YPN ad blocks is in violation of the TOS, even if you serve an ad block to someone in Toronto.

Like AdBrite's "no adult" rule, yet they serve adult ads on adult sites.

It's wierd.

Thank you,

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this issue was brought up many times, they acknowledged it and said that it was indeed very hard to do this and control/filter all across...they didnt have the technology on their end to filter or something, that is why they put this paragraph in...that should change, i am sure it will...maybe already has, i havent been following with the program lately but the talk was that they should have all of this taken care of once they start rolling out/expanding to different countries and regions.

DoubleClick

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent information.

Now that I have my AdSense network rolling nicely, I wanted to switch some sites out serverwide to YPN easily with a quick and easy PHP include folder update and give them a shot at performance.

This was my only holdback.

TY again.

============================
============================

Automerged new information:

Whoa hoss!

I just spoke with the sender of this e-mail below. She advised me that if I wish to show YPN ads on any sites then I must provide an international filter for any pages that display those advertisements or risk temination.

I specifically asked her if I could be terminated from the progran if a [user from Toronto Canada] (as example) viewed the page.

She told me "yes, if that user clicks on an advertisement you can be terminated from the program". No questions asked.

She stated that if I wish to run YPN ad units on my pages I must block all international (NON-USA) traffic to comply with the TOS.

I do not intend to block any countries from my network.

Furthermore, I do not wish to risk a revenue loss and program termination.

I feel the internet is a world community. If Yahoo chooses not to pay for certain country clicks, I can live with that, but I cannot live with the risk of termination for allowing world access to my network.

-----------------------

Hello Xxxxxxxx,

Our Beta program is intended solely for Publishers serving the United States market. If you believe this is not a fit for your current user base or site mission, you may want to filter your non-U.S. users or wait until the YPN program is in your market. Under the Beta Program Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right not to pay Publishers for invalid clicks, including clicks from users outside the United States. In addition, we reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, the validity of clicks, including the country of origin.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance at 1-866-785-2636, Monday - Friday: 6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Saturday: 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Janine Martin
Customer Solutions
Yahoo! Publisher Network Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom