Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

yahoo publisher network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so whats everybody think of the yahoo publisher network?

i am very pleased with it so far, especially with the revenues that outperform adsense by 10-20x+ if not more.

the ad targeting and ad blocking features are really useful....yahoo has raised the bar -- google better watch out!

Domain Days 2024
M

mole

Has Yahoo released this to the public already, mike? Where can I sign up?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole, it is still in "beta" phase...you apply, they review your application and then you get an "invitation" via e-mail to come and join the program.

some people i know have been accepted within a week...some a couple of weeks..they are being picky right now.

http://publisher.yahoo.com/

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do they do direct deposit or do they mail a check?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted took about 3 days...

And they called me (she sounded like a young hot chick) and she said
"Welcome to Yahoo, thanks for signing up and welcome" which was cool, since in todays Internet age you can barely get an email back let alone a person on the phone calling YOU. Seems like it's a good gig...we'll see how the cash flow is..

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want them to open it up to Canadian publishers...

grrrrrr

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll run em for ya dude....for 20%

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's excellent so far and it seems they have safeguards to keep out-of-region traffic from inflating the CTR beyond a reasonable threashold. YPN not only protects the Advertiser, but the Publisher too. Adsense did not appear to have any filters in place as the CTR was run up to 9% or 10% on some of my sites receiving Asia typo traffic. I was concerned because I've read case of other Adsense Publishers getting pulled for high CTRs. Luckily, switching over to YPN has allowed me to breathe easier. Traffic is under very tight control and at an excellent RPM to boot. There ought to be a collaborative effort when dealing with a flood of out-of-region traffic and YPN takes care of it on their end. Adsense could learn from this when their 2006 Fiscal Q3 takes a hit.

Hope to see some of those single line type of ads that made Adsense very versatile, soon.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
i am very pleased with it so far, especially with the revenues that outperform adsense by 10-20x+ if not more.

10-20x+ better than Google!?! Wow!

I don't know how long you have been in their program but was wondering if you have noticed much difference between what is reported in your daily reports and the adjusted figure.

From their website:
"Revenue totals in daily reports are provided as estimates of your actual earnings. After the close of the calendar month, your revenues for that month will be adjusted and your actual earnings will be reflected in your available balance forty-five days after the close of the calendar month."

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been with the program for about two weeks...i think there is a 24 hour delay and that is about it -- it wouldn't make much sense if your stats are readjusted a 3rd time towards pay day....but i guess will find out next month or so i suppose ;)

checks were already mailed out to publishers for the previous month about a week ago...sooner or later they will have a direct deposit option as well.

some sites optimize nicely with ad's that pay really well, some don't match up properly but regardless.....so far i have been very pleased because the bottom line is that revenues are beating those of adsense -- and that is what matters at the end of the day.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
I just got accepted took about 3 days...

And they called me (she sounded like a young hot chick) and she said
"Welcome to Yahoo, thanks for signing up and welcome" which was cool, since in todays Internet age you can barely get an email back let alone a person on the phone calling YOU. Seems like it's a good gig...we'll see how the cash flow is..
Really not uncommon in the advertising world.

Mayur

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using them for a while as well and I gotta say that they are much better than adsense. Ive been using them for a few weeks. I have around $50 from 18 clicks in my account. Their payout is $100 just like adsense. They also do some ad insertion into RSS feeds. I never really tried that out but I saw the feature. And YPN takes care of you. They call you and take a survey of how you like the program.

YPN = 2 Thumbs Up :approve:

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some niches great and some niches not so great. I have found they work well in a niche or two I am in, much better than G. Customer service is very nice as well!

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It had a very high PPC, hopefully it remain that way :cheeky:
The only thing that need to be improved is their relevancy. It shows something like 'Powered wheel chair' on photo gallery site. Im wondering if any of my user need that during summer on the beach :(

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the optimization definitely needs to be improved, google's is way better...but i am sure this will be addressed soon, i already wrote to yahoo twice with feedback regarding this issue.

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
the optimization definitely needs to be improved, google's is way better...but i am sure this will be addressed soon, i already wrote to yahoo twice with feedback regarding this issue.
I agree and I am sure they are working on it. The call I got last week from a YPN rep confirmed that that the ad relevancy convern is the most common concern amongst the beta testers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom