Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yahoo Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you make more money by targeting, or by just leaving it be auto matched?

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are some sites of mine their auto matched have no relevance so I switch to targeting. It all depends on your site. I can't tell you how many tickets I have submitted letting them know their ads displayed by relevance :censored: but then I remember they are still in beta. Can't complain YPN is far superior over Adsense.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arg, I put targeting for like computer -> internet stuff, and I end up with an advertisement for sears air conditioning. What the $)*^$?

It's a file host, no one will be interested in sears air conditioning.

One day I made $300 with targetting, so the next day I tried without, I made like $20. Then I switched it back and it was fine.

Now, I cannot get back to $300, with any targetting, even though i'm getting 2x the clicks I had.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zion said:
Arg, I put targeting for like computer -> internet stuff, and I end up with an advertisement for sears air conditioning. What the $)*^$?

It's a file host, no one will be interested in sears air conditioning.

One day I made $300 with targetting, so the next day I tried without, I made like $20. Then I switched it back and it was fine.

Now, I cannot get back to $300, with any targetting, even though i'm getting 2x the clicks I had.

Ouch, good luck. My advice to you would be to email yahoo to see if they can fix the targetting issue.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've asked for a free category. Like for free file hosting, like for free myspace game sites or whatever, because I do get advertisements for like video streaming, and I can see how people would want to click on that.

Dunno, seems as if the big payers have left or they made some changes.

I was up to $500/day then my site went down for a week (UGH!) now i'm below $100.

*sigh*

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The subject targetting definitely didn't work for me for education (I think that was the category...) unless home mortgages are related to education. My revenue is also down ~50% this month versus last month ?? Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom